Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2015, 03:23 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bauer EM Keyless Electronic Door Lock

Having the OEM Trimark 60-650 door lock on our Class A's main door, I was very motivated to change it after reading too many stories about the main latch bolt breaking inside the latch/lock - inside the door.

Lucky for me this did not happen, but I did have issues when the outside paddle would bind...because it has an odd "metal on plastic" wear point that is on the outside of the lock body and exposed to the elements. Plastic - really?!

I checked the measurements and ordered Bauer EM (part #013-531) for our standard right side hinged door.

This design seems to be required by a safety law (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard / FMVSS206) for the latch/lock to have the 2 large jam pins that make a mechanical connection to the frame at the strike plate.

I bought the lock from Dyer's RV who had the best overall price (sale plus shipping), it came in 3 days after order and was well packed. It installed exactly like the video below...SO SIMPLE...anyone could do it.

I highly recommend this mod for 3 reasons:
-The keyless entry is very nice, plus only 1 key when the battery is out.
-The Bauer EM is a perfect match for the old/flawed Trimark 060-650
-The strike plate does not need to be swapped (molding and frame work required) because unlike the improved / recommended replacement Trimark 060-1650, the Bauer EM has the same sized jam pins and identical strike plate as the 060-650.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-1.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	85477

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-2.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	85478
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2015, 06:57 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good to hear that you like it. I ordered one this last week. Should be here on Tuesday. Will have to wait till I get the coach back from the factory service center to install it.
rgmiller32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:30 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I installed mine last fall and the battery finally died. When I opened it up to replace battery's I noticed moisture, so I removed the four silver screws to clean it out, I forgot about the little quick connect and the wires pulled out of the connector. There are no markings for positive or negative so I don't know which ones to click back into where. The manual is a sketch with no colors so I can't tell where to put them. Searching then turned up nothing. Anyone have a picture of the wires in the plug so I can re insert them? THANKS !
js43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

Name:   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436031031.900723.jpg
Views: 1353
Size:  99.5 KB
this is the plug I'm referring to.
js43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:51 PM   #5

Bauer has great customer service. Our EM locks interior handle broke last year. They sent me a replacement the next day. The lock came standard on our new rv, i noticed that the batteries go dead if it goes unused for a few months. Love the lock

2016 Dynamax Force, Just Rite 2
halla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door