Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2018, 09:23 PM   #1

Best Rubber Roof Adhesive

My 2001 Fleetwood Jamboree has signs of leaking around the top front. Probably from In front of the awning c channel.

There is about 12 inches of damage across the front running along the trim and under the Rubber roof.

I will pull The trim, replace the osb with marine grade plywood.

I'm thinking of using seal Tire corner seal all the way back behind the edge of the c channel.

What do I glue the Rubber roof to the plywood with?

Should I eternabond the trim onto rubber roof?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180603_195147(1).jpg
Views:	116
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	205597  
cRViser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2018, 09:21 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

I remember several years ago when we had a 5er with rubber roof. I ripped a small place in the roof on a tree limb and didn't know it for quite some time. When I finally discovered it the wood had rotted underneath. I cut a large "X" in the rubber, folded it back, and replaced a section of the wood with marine plywood. I wanted to glue the rubber down to the new plywood patch. I found a spray glue at Lowes that was approved for use with rubber roofs. Sorry but I don't remember what it was.

After gluing down the rubber and letting it dry, I coated the entire area with the 4" EternaBond tape. Never had a problem with it!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:53 AM   #3

If you have an ABC Supply in your area ask for membrane bonding adhesive. Any local roofing supplier should have this.

Tags
adhesive, roof