Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #57

"Septic safe" is irrelevant. Requirement to break up after 10 seconds in a jar filled with water is also irrelevant. If it will flush down the toilet without having to poke it down with the toilet brush, then it will come out the other end of the tank when you dump.

Just ditch the baby wipes as they are bad news all-round
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2018, 06:24 AM   #58

Ford Super Duty Owner
We bought our first travel trailer in 1968. We have never bought "special" paper in all this time. 10 campers. Never had a problem. I can't believe we have just been lucky.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:29 AM   #59

TP test

There was an article posted some time ago that reported the results of a TP test to see which brand broke up better. Charmin was rated the best and it is actually a little thicker so you don't have to use as much.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:19 AM   #60

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
THis is a very common topic.
As noted in the last reply, There have been several tests.
Scotts single ply is a good one for fast breakup
So in Angle Soft but I have my reasons for not buying that brand (Which will nto be posted by the way,, Personal reasons)

Quilted Charman was about the worst (longest to break up) but even Charmain by the time I get pulled up, Zipped up. Out and open the valve....

What do I use.. Prince and Spring from boxed.com.

Boxed is either P&S sales dept or P&S is Boxed's house brand but they are kind of like a mini-Sam's Club that delivers.

YOu get like 48 rolls of very nice TP for a very reasonable price Just like shopping at sam's c lub. but when I was broked down in Georgia it was a 100 mile HIKE to Sam's club and about 100 yards to where UPS dropped the BOXED box.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:29 AM   #61

Agree on Costco paper. And the reason for septic safe is not the RV tank, it is the many CG septic systems we all are dumping into. Not even going to comment on the no paper camp.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:23 PM   #62

Cant believe this has 5 pages and still going???? The Best Paper I Have Found Is Between My Hand And The Business.....

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:26 AM   #63

Quote:
it is the many CG septic systems we all are dumping into.
What about all the potent odour killers and bactericides people use in their tanks to prevent their delicate noses from being upset. Where does "septic safe" figure in that reality
Old 04-16-2018, 04:50 AM   #64

I used Scotts one ply for a long time and then tested Cottonelle Ultra Comfort care, https://www.cottonelle.com/products/...e-toilet-paper. It breaks down in less than 24 hours like Scotts but is softer and 2 ply. Costco and Walmart have best prices.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:31 AM   #65
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1doodadd View Post
Cant believe this has 5 pages and still going???? The Best Paper I Have Found Is Between My Hand And The Business.....
Yep. As long as I don't get the dreaded finger poke.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:06 AM   #66

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We use Georgia Pacific Preference brand. Hotels typically buy this commercial-grade paper because it breaks down very quickly. We have tree root issues at the S&B so I acquired a case of this from Amazon. By the time it gets to the problem area it's already dissolved. We now use it in the motorhome too.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:06 AM   #67
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
We use Georgia Pacific Preference brand. Hotels typically buy this commercial-grade paper because it breaks down very quickly. We have tree root issues at the S&B so I acquired a case of this from Amazon. By the time it gets to the problem area it's already dissolved. We now use it in the motorhome too.
My history with hotel TP is that it's close to sandpaper on a roll
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:17 AM   #68

So far our trailer black tank has only had urine or water in it. My wife uses a stainless flip lid container for the toilet paper and we take a walk to use outside facilities for more serious business. We were able to go 8 days off grid at an astronomy event in a national forest by minimizing the use of our black tank.

Eventually we will have circumstances where we use our black tank more but we will continue to put the TP in a dedicated trash to keep it out of the tank.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:35 AM   #69

ONE WHICH DOESN'T HURT UR BUTT AND ISNT TOO ANNOYING DUE TO CLOGGING.
Just that Simple
edfirebird68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toilet