Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2012, 03:32 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Camera Systems

Hi everyone

I am interested in getting my first camera system for my Class A 34' motorhome. I don't know much about cameras or these types of systems and any info would be helpful. I am interested in getting a 3 or even a 4 camera system. At least 1 on the passanger side and at least 1 on the rear. I often tow a small 18' speed boat. Are the box style ones generally better than the side style? Is there anything I should special I should consider about purchasing these cameras? I was hoping to spend less than $500 and I am willing to run wires instead of getting the more expensive wireless ones if I have to in order to save money. I was looking on e-bay and I found these systems. They seemed less expensive than other camera systems that I have seen. Has anyone ever used any of these? Are these cameras high quality or junk? All replies welcome!!

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Tyler6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler6357
Hi everyone

I am interested in getting my first camera system for my Class A 34' motorhome. I don't know much about cameras or these types of systems and any info would be helpful. I am interested in getting a 3 or even a 4 camera system. At least 1 on the passanger side and at least 1 on the rear. I often tow a small 18' speed boat. Are the box style ones generally better than the side style? Is there anything I should special I should consider about purchasing these cameras? I was hoping to spend less than $500 and I am willing to run wires instead of getting the more expensive wireless ones if I have to in order to save money. I was looking on e-bay and I found these systems. They seemed less expensive than other camera systems that I have seen. Has anyone ever used any of these? Are these cameras high quality or junk? All replies welcome!!

I am wanting the same info.
Thanks
benningtonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #3

You could check out 4ucam.com. I have purchased a 4 camera system with a 7" screen. Have not wired the system yet. But the cameras look to be good an have night vision capability. I already have rear view camera but wanted side views and a camera at the entry door for added security!
Old 03-29-2012, 04:09 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Surveillance Cams

Hey, thanks for the replies! I still haven't gotten mine yet. I've been looking at security cams. You can get them at computer supply places where you can actually record on a hard drive. They are not much more and most are completely water proof and might be better quality. The advantage to this are (1) If you get in an accident you will have it recorded (2) you can use them as security cams at a campsite or while boondocking for extra security (3) you can use them as a camcorder to film the sites (4) you can plug them into your overhead TV if you wish. Check out some of these! The only thing is, you usually have to get the monitor's separately if you don't use the TV option.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #5

I purchased a similar system off an eBay vendor several years ago and have been happy with it. It is a 7 inch color monitor with three cameras and hard wired. The clarity is quite good and now cannot imagine being without it.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #6

Backup Camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler6357 View Post
Hi everyone

I bought mine from EBay. Your last link there VEISE camera store is the one I went with. It has 4 cameras and a 7 inch monitor. One looks at each side, one the tag-a-long and one on top to check overhead clearence. It works both PAL/ NTSC systems. NTSC is used in USA. 30 frames per second for real life like images. If I had to do it over again I would go wireless. You have to cut a 1 and 1/2 inch hole for the wire type. I would not recomend the ones for a home system. Most of them do not have the anti-movement built in. Good luck
oet2
2001 Jayco 283g with a dolly
oet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:02 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oet2 View Post
I bought mine from EBay. Your last link there VEISE camera store is the one I went with. It has 4 cameras and a 7 inch monitor. One looks at each side, one the tag-a-long and one on top to check overhead clearence. It works both PAL/ NTSC systems. NTSC is used in USA. 30 frames per second for real life like images. If I had to do it over again I would go wireless. You have to cut a 1 and 1/2 inch hole for the wire type. I would not recomend the ones for a home system. Most of them do not have the anti-movement built in. Good luck
oet2
2001 Jayco 283g with a dolly
Thank you for responding. Are all 4 of the cameras you got the same type? the box style, like in my last link? Also, what do you mean by "anti-movement" do you mean shock proof?
Old 05-03-2012, 04:03 AM   #8

cameras

The home cameras are not the best idea for rv's. Most have a lower scan rate to record to a dvd. The link on ebay camera store has a help center. Explains the in's and out's. Mine are all the same. They are about 2 inches in diam. and have a view range 160 degree. Towed a 2004 Explorer to Florida and olny issue we had they do not work in fog. Google is a good resource to read about what you are looking for. Good luck
OET2
2001 Jayco 283G
oet2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera