Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2014, 05:02 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Campfire-in-a-Can Review

We recently purchased the Campfire in a Can and gave it a test run last evening on the deck at home. We were impressed with it in terms of heat provided, ability to adjust the flames, and the lack of a lot of 'hissing' at low to medium flame levels (it does hiss at the max setting).

We have always liked a camp fire but neither of us now like the smoke and carrying wood or getting wood is not the 'fun' thing it was when we were younger. The little LP gizmo is easy to deploy and provides good warmth. The fake logs do look 'fake' but when the flames are dancing, you don't really notice that much.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2014, 06:41 AM   #2

Those are neat. Especially if you want to have a fire close to you on a deck. Not sure I want to spend 300 bucks on it though.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:20 AM   #3

Check out New Frontier LP Fireplace. We acquired on older one from retiring RV friends and love it. They now have on made of stainless. Not any more $$$ than Campfire in a can, and you can get a big Wok and stand and cook on it. No stock on company, just like the product.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #4

Campfire-in-a-Can Review

We too have had the Campfire in a Can for about 8 years. We normally haul wood for our campfires where allowed. Some parks do not have fire rings and say no ground fires. We ask about our CFIC and have got great use from it.
We have seen cheaper models at Lowes and SAMs club with about the same BTU rating but have no useful information as how they compare.
bailiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:58 AM   #5

I showed it to DW and she loved the idea. She is really cold blooded. I told her I would get her one after we run out of fire wood. We lost two huge oak trees last year during some crazy winds. When they took the trees down I had them cut the trunks small enough to fit my splitter. We ended up with enough wood to have a good size camp fire for the next umpteen years.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:27 PM   #6

We got one from a company called outland fire bowl and boy does it work great good heat and no smoke. It just has rocks in it but looks great. And best part was being able to run it through the quick disconnect on the TT one less thing to have to carry.
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:44 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
We've had our Campfire-in-a-Can for about 6 years now & have really enjoyed it. You can't transport firewood in OH or to nearby states, some CG's we've been to don't have fire rings & more than once we've RV-d during a drought that lead to a campfire ban on a trip. The CIAC is considered the same as a propane grill, so we had a nice evening fire even during a fire ban.

Lori-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cave Country CG 001 - Copy.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	64018  
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #8

My question is what does it cost you to run a campfire the size of the one pictured for 4 hrs. a night? In other words, how many 4 hr. , moderate flame campfires can you have on a 20 lb. tank?

Just trying to look at cost between normal wood campfires and propane campfires.
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:26 PM   #9

Propane fires are more expensive if you have an ability to use your own wood. We use ours in areas where there is no open fires allowed or when our wood is depleted.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
we use ours to do black pot cooking as well as to enjoy a nice warm fire anywhere. Nice to be able to put it under or near the edge of awning on a rainy day.They make a nice cooking ring that goes on top easily to convert it to cook mode. Better than charcoal and we can regulate the black pot heat much better. Love that double dip honey glazed fried chicken :-)
Starbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:21 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailiff View Post
Propane fires are more expensive if you have an ability to use your own wood. .
No doubt true, but I'll be it sure beats paying the CG $8 for a bundle of a few pieces of firewood.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
No doubt true, but I'll be it sure beats paying the CG $8 for a bundle of a few pieces of firewood.

Rick

Like I said, we use ours where firewood/ground pit fires are prohibited. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1403738494.759518.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	989.1 KB
ID:	66168

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum