Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #1

Camping World - Good Sams - Extended Warranty - United Service Protection

We purchased a 2007 Forest River Sunseeker motorhome on 5/15/2014 from Camping World. So, needless to say, we wanted the best warranty package (platinum). The next weekend as we were traveling we lost power (no acceleration) We need a new fuel pump, filter and sensor ($950)

The problem seems to be that whoever was servicing this warranty has stopped!! I was given multiple numbers to call while stranded on the road.

We made it home via a truck stop, a Ford dealership, and an O'reilly's tech, so that we didn't have to be towed.

Today, I've been on the phone for 3 hours trying to contact the extended warranty dept. Camping World in Macon couldn't even give me the number (took Joe 3 hrs to call me back w/ phone #) By that time, I'd been on the phone trying to get someone who claimed to even know I had a warranty.

Even the guy at United Service Protection (which is the company we will use since we bought the warranty from Camping World) was baffled that he couldn't pull up a roadside assistance # for me. He is getting them to send me a copy of the warranty to my email address today. My mechanic is also calling them w/ the list of what needs to be done. Should be interesting to see if they say they'll pay since I've let them know I might cancel the warranty.

I did find out if I cancel within the first 30 days they must refund all of our money not the prorated amount. Will decide based on comments from fellow RVers.... Thank you for your time!!!!

rlchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2014, 12:59 PM   #2

First contact Marcus at Camping World on their forum site: RV.net
Since you have time to cancel the policy, contact WholesaleWarranties.Com and let them bid on an extended warranty to fit your needs. I have found them exceptional helpful, and when I had a claim, they acted as an agent and followed the claim through to satisfactory completion. Note: I have no interest in the company and have only met Scot and the crew at FMCA functions. I still give them a great recommendation.
Do put all your contacts with your warranty company in writing. If it is a phone call, follow with an e-mail confirming the phone call. Seems like corporate people have very short memories sometimes.
Good Luck, and Happy Trails. Enjoy your new rig.

kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalynzoo View Post
First contact Marcus at Camping World on their forum site: RV.net
Since you have time to cancel the policy, contact WholesaleWarranties.Com and let them bid on an extended warranty to fit your needs. I have found them exceptional helpful, and when I had a claim, they acted as an agent and followed the claim through to satisfactory completion. Note: I have no interest in the company and have only met Scot and the crew at FMCA functions. I still give them a great recommendation.
Do put all your contacts with your warranty company in writing. If it is a phone call, follow with an e-mail confirming the phone call. Seems like corporate people have very short memories sometimes.
Good Luck, and Happy Trails. Enjoy your new rig.
Thank you, Kalynzoo! I have left a message for Marcus and asked for a quote from wholesale warranties. If nothing else, I will make a statement if I cancel my warranty with Camping World. Someone will lose a big commission due to lack of Customer Service. That will speak volumes.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:54 PM   #4
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Not to be indiscreet, but how much did you spend and how long a coverage do you have? That could be the deciding factor as to whether you get coverage from another source or just recoup your money.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:23 PM   #5

The total changes depending on the document. Basically, we paid $3297 for 36/36,000; however, one thing says 36/50,000 with a $100 deductible That covers coach and chassis.

To get the Platinum warranty other things played into the cost, so we also have tires, GAP, roadside assistance, towing and vacation...

Wholesale warranties is 3 years/ 36K Miles = $400 down, plus 18 monthly payments of $127.61= $2,697. w a $200 deductible
Old 06-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #6

I don't believe you got the Good Sam VIP. It sounds like they sold you something else with a higher profit margin and lesser benefit for you.
go4dsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:21 PM   #7

We went with wholesale warranty and have been completely satisfied. Two claims, both with little to no issues.

rrcollings is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, camping world, extended warranty, service, united service protection