Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2019, 07:38 PM   #1

Coleman Roadtrip Gas Grill Stops Working

Six month old Roadtrip is not receiving gas. No noise, no gas smell. Striker has strong spark. 20# pound propane tank is still very heavy. Have tried slowly turning on tank and burners with no joy. What is going on?
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2019, 09:09 PM   #2

Try disconnecting propane tank and making sure it’s turned off completely then reconnecting the tank. Sometime regulator is issue.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiomike View Post
Try disconnecting propane tank and making sure it’s turned off completely then reconnecting the tank. Sometime regulator is issue.
Ten times with no joy. Everything all the troubleshooting guides say. I think the regulator may have failed and I can't find one in a brick and mortar store. Traveling so can't wait for shipment from vendors.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:25 AM   #4

there are replacement regulators / hoses at home depot and probably many other stores. you may need to also buy an adapter to put on the hose end so that you can adapt it to mate to the roadtrip. some hoses have check valves built into them. this might have failed in the closed position.
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:16 AM   #5

It is working after all this happened.

Lowe's sells the Roadtrip grills but carries no regulators that will hook into or adapt to the grill.

I though that just for the heck of it to try a 1# bottle instead of my 20# bottle which is still heavy and has not been used that much. Lowe's sells 4 pack of small bottles. Did not want 4 so went to Wally World and bought a 2 pack.

Brought them back to the coach and the grill worked. Hooked up my still heavy 20# bottle and did not work. Took it to Wally and swapped it for a full bottle. The grill worked.

My 20# bottle must have had something go wrong with it. I have never heard of this happening.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:47 AM   #6

I have had bottles with a high flow trip. After opening once too fast, I would then have to use an appropriate blunt object (like a square peg screwdriver) and push into the bottle outlet. The valve obviously is to remain shut while doing this. You can hear success with a small click. Then you're good to go for a second attempt at opening slowly enough.
No idea if this is your issue but maybe worth a try.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:08 PM   #7

Issue MAY be the hose between the 20# bottle and the grill. Some apparently fail, with the inner lining of the hose collapsing. Same issue with Buddy Heaters. They strongly recommend the use of the propane filter between hose and heater ifyou are not using their brand of hose...

2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P, 1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC, 1989-1993 Tents!
Loggenrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:09 AM   #8

The inner liner of the hose can fail internally and block the flow as well.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:18 PM   #9

Strangest thing happened. I called Coleman to get a new regulator for a spare. The one I have is suspect so I did not know when and if it would fail. I told them all this and they said no problem. They would send me a new one free to my next RV park stop if I paid for expedited delivery. I agreed.

I sent them via email the shipping info (and credit card info) to the next campground. Then they said that even if I wanted to pay for expedited shipping they could not get me expedited shipping.

What they could do is send a new one to may home address in Florida...which I will see again October 1.

Finally I asked if any retail stores stocked this regulator. They did not answer. I have tried them all plus Amazon. No luck.

Tags
coleman, gas