Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Product Evaluations
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #1

I purchased the one time application from CW hoping to fix my Rain Fade problem. Prior to applying Dome Magic if we were in a hard rain we would loose our Driect TV signal. After following the directions on the package and applying it to our King Dome. Now a heavy dew, mist or a light rain will distort the signal. From what I have read the water should bead up and role off the dome, ours just beads up and stays there. Has anyone had this problem, or does anyone have a fix for this situation? Or any suggestion on how to remove this product from our dome? I have wrote an note to the manufacture and have NOT received a reply at all..

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2007, 06:16 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I used RainX on ours with good success. Not sure about how to remove the dome magic.

http://travelinthomas.blogspot.com/
UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:45 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is the one time application the rag or the bottle?

We used the bottle without much success. You are supposed to use soap and water to remove old coat. Then alcohol.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:27 PM   #4

Scooter, we purchased the one time application (rag)with NO sucess at all.

I followed the directions, soap and water, alcohol and even applied it in the way they indicated.

I just don't want to wait the months they say it will last to be able to watch TV when it is raining.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:28 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I guess, like us, you have the low profile dome. That is apparently the problem. A higher dome has a steeper angle to let the water run off.

If you do a search on this and the "other" RV forum you will find alternative products, such as Rain-X, etc. which people use. Including liquid dish soap.

Some products say "do not use on plastic" but some use it anyhow, with no negative results.

(You could switch to a Winegard as I understand it will not collect moisture)
Old 10-08-2007, 07:22 PM   #6

Scooter, your right we have the low profile dome. It would be nice of the manufacture would put that kind of info in their product spec.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:26 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Ken & Sandy... During a hard rain nothing will help correct a rain fade problem. The issue isn't solely with your dome. Satellite signals are very high in frequency. This means the signals have very short wave-lengths. These short wave-lengths are susceptible to water droplets and ice. Meaning the signals are reflected by the water in the air long before they ever get to your antenna inside your dome. This is attested by the fact that you can loose the signal even when it's not raining where you are, but when a heavy rain storm is between your antenna and the satellite.

Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote