Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #1

I am in the market for a tire monitoring system and was wondering how the Dorian 360 is working out for those of you that have them. Is there anyone that has expierience with both the Dorian as well as the original Pressure Pro , and if so what are the pros and cons of either? I really like the smaller size of the Dorian as well as the display. Your input is appreciated. Thanks ...Scott
shooterdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #2

Hi Scott, about 6 posts below yours is an ongoing discussion on this product.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
You will find that thread at this location.

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
SCOTT,
I went with the wireless tire pressure AND temperature monitor TPTTMS, in nov-08. i purchased it for $299 including shipping from www.tsttruck.com.
it has a very loud beeping alarm for low tire pressure, high tire pressure and high tire temperature. as well as a red led light. i can hear it from the bedroom.
the system monitor has a digital readout for each tire position and shows tire pressure and temperature for 5 or 10 seconds, your choice, then goes on to the next position. i have the 6 sensor system so it shows the whole shebang every 30 sec or 1 minute. it is expandable to 34 monitors. i do NOT need to use a range extending signal booster on my moho. they have one available if you need it for longer mohos and 5th wheels.
i have the low pressure alarm set at 85 psi. the hi pressure is set at the minimum 151 psi. the hi temp is set at the minimum 158 degrees f.
it was necessary for me to use 90 degree valve stem extensions on the front wheels and the outer rear wheels to clear my wheel liners. i got the extensions from HALTEC online.
i counter weighted the front wheels opposite the extension and sensor with 1.5 oz of stick on wheel weights.
truck system tech's technical customer rep JOHN FRIEND was very helpful and prompt during my installation, both on the phone and by email. he keeps very late hours.
i cannot figure out how to include a picture with this entry (i use a macbook) or i would have one here. if you want to see a picture of my installation, pm me with your email address.
this system is working very well for me. i am very much satisfied with it, and the price was right.

dan l
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:56 AM   #5

Thanks Ray ,I saw the other post however it doesn't address the difference in the two product lines. From what I understand the current Dorian system has been out for a year or so , and I just wasn't sure how many people had the new system , and how it compared to the pressure pro. Sometimes it takes a while to work out the bugs of anything new. Thanks ...Scott
shooterdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:50 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've had my Doran 360 for a year and have no issues with it. Just be sure to replace your rubber valve stems with metal ones. Learned that lesson the hard way!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:14 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm disappointed in mine. The audio alarm is EXTREMELY soft, and the factory says nothing can be done about it. So you have to depend on a red light to tell you something is happening - so it should sit directly in front of you - but there the co-pilot can't get to it.

Also in the winter, it gives a false reading that a tire may be soft and you may have to drive 3 to 15 blocks before it reads the correct pressure, which is really bad. If the tire is low, you want to put air in it BEFORE you start your trip. If the alarm does not go off in 10 blocks and decides to stay on, then I'm on the interstate and NO pull overs for about 17 miles, before I could stop and put air in.

The factory has been fairly good for service, but they will not address the alarm problem. When the warranty expires, I'm going to have an electronics wizard get into the unit, put in a relay, and a much much louder alarm.

It is a great idea, if it worked uniformity all the time, but it does NOT.
Blue Ribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:41 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

We've had our RV360 for six months and found we needed to add the signal booster to avoid getting "lost sensor" alarms from the toad. All is well now. I can't compare to other units but it certainly gives me peace of mind.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just installed the Tire Safeguard. It monitors high & low pressures as well as temperatures. It's priced almost identical to the Doran 360RV, I'm sure by no accident.

The sensor caps for the Doran are huge and other than being an eye sore in my humble opinion, I wasn't sure if they would fit the tight clearance of the openings in my front wheels.

The Tire Safeguard was simple to set up and needs no amplifier to reach the toad sensors. In fact, my coach is currently parked next to my house, and my toad is parked inside the garage. The monitor still picks up the toad sensors with no problems.

I just installed the device and time will tell of course if this is a reliable unit, but so far I'm impressed with it.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ribbon View Post
Also in the winter, it gives a false reading that a tire may be soft and you may have to drive 3 to 15 blocks before it reads the correct pressure, which is really bad. If the tire is low, you want to put air in it BEFORE you start your trip. If the alarm does not go off in 10 blocks and decides to stay on, then I'm on the interstate and NO pull overs for about 17 miles, before I could stop and put air in.
Actually it's not giving you a false reading. In the winter or when driving from a warm climate to a cold climate the volume of air decreases due to the cold weather. You must add air. Tire pressure must be correct on COLD tires.

I often add air after I arrive in the cold N.E.

I've had my Doran for about a year. Love it. I can hear the beeping outside the cab with the windows closed.
Walt523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Rick,

Who did you purchase your Doran signal booster from?
Soniccruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:29 PM   #12

I just orderd the Doran repeater from rvupgrades.com. It should arrive next week. It loses the sensor signal every so often on the trailer when I pull the Road Runner.
69RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote