Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #15
laj

According to Garmin they can. Going to try it on mine tonight.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Excellent GPS. Have had ours since 12-21-12 when released through Crutchfield and have been very, very impressed with quality and all features.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #17

Just got my Garmin yesterday. On my first trip to Padre Island from Brownsville Texas I had 2 people in the back seat of my Jeep car. They also do not use a GPS in there RV they where interested to see one work. I had it set to car mode, as I use other GPS in my RV I am used to setting them up, it was showing the Pirate Landing restaurant. As we got near the island it worked well , then a small square showed up on the screen with a chilly pepper in it. I pressed it, it showed that a chile Restaurant was near our road. There is no Chile restaurant there, also non on the Island that we know of. Not sure why it showed this site. As we passed it counted down the feet to the turn no such place existed. On the return trip it again showed this same place. Other then that it worked excellent.
Rebel
rebelcarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Can the Dezl 760 be used with Microsoft Streets and Maps?

Thanks,
Jon
Does anyone know to upload a route from Microsoft Streete and Maps?
wil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #19

Just talked with Garmin. The Dezl 760 is not compatable with Microsoft Streets & Trips.
wil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Having mixed feelings so far. On a route I planned from Hilton Head Island to my home in North West SC (300 miles), I punched in for Flying J truck stops and it stated there were non on my route! I passed no less then three that I visually saw. In RV mode it couldn't find most RV Parks I punched in for directions. It should only one weigh station on the opposite side of the road, and non for my side.
The mapping software I use on my android phone called Waze does a much better job finding truck stops and RV Parks and the software was free.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget63
Having mixed feelings so far. On a route I planned from Hilton Head Island to my home in North West SC (300 miles), I punched in for Flying J truck stops and it stated there were non on my route! I passed no less then three that I visually saw. In RV mode it couldn't find most RV Parks I punched in for directions. It should only one weigh station on the opposite side of the road, and non for my side.
The mapping software I use on my android phone called Waze does a much better job finding truck stops and RV Parks and the software was free.
Could they be listed as Pilot Flying J? I agree, it's odd that they are not in the database. Particularly when they show up In other Garmin models.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #22
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil01 View Post
Just talked with Garmin. The Dezl 760 is not compatable with Microsoft Streets & Trips.
Interesting. They told me it was. They also told me there was at least one update since i got mine alittle over a week ago. Still love the unit. No other issues as yet.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #23
laj

Just got off the phone with Garmin. They don't support ms&trps but it could work with it. I will play with it tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Thank you. I was really hoping it was.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Where are campgounds in the menus still under hotels ?
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #26
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Thank you. I was really hoping it was.
Actually it is. Just transferred a route from S&T to the 760. Garmin doesn't support it but ms&t supports going to Garmin.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Glad to hear that. I actually asked the question wrong. All I really wanted to know is if a route from Streets and Maps could be uploaded and used on the 760. From every thing I've read I thought you could. My next GPS will be the 760.

Thanks,
Jon
Old 02-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
That is disappointing to hear. I just got the Dezl and have been playing with it. While I like the large, easy to view display and many of the features, it is not unlike every other GPS I've had in that it is hard to customize a route. For example, the route that we take from our home to Myrtle Beach, SC is a very efficient and RV friendly route. The Dezl's routing is not the same and, IMO, is not nearly as good a route.

My Garmin 265WT does accept routes from Streets and Trips saved as GPX files. However, once loaded onto the 265, it does not appear as it was orginally planned. Shame that Garmin has not made the newer GPS devices compatible with other popular mapping software.

Tags
gps