Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Sam GPS RVND 7725-LM

Is this the same as Rand McNallys 7720?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, I believe so.
Good Sam & Rand McNally Form Collaboration | RV Business
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
YC1

The current Good Sam magazine shows
Good Sam GPS RVND 7725-LM as the part number. Seems strange Camping world part number is not exactly the same. Ready to order but unsure of the difference. Guess I can send it back if it is not the one in the magazine.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #4

Almost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckiest Dreamer View Post
Is this the same as Rand McNallys 7720?
The 7725 LM has Good Sam parks included in their listings. Otherwise they appear the same. Oh, and the 7725 is generally available for less money. Charlie
cburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #5

I have received the 7725 yesterday. I posted some first impression commentary on a blog post that you can read here: For What It's Worth: Rand McNally "Good Sam" RVND 7725-LM GPS - First Impressions if you are interested.
Jeffcarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #6

Does the 7225 tell u when to turn ext
Randy blase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #7

I am sorry Randy blase, but I don't understand your question.
Jeffcarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #8

Does it have voice command
Old 05-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #9

I order the 7225 but I thinking about sending it back and getting RV 9165t-LM what are your thoughts on that one
Old 05-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #10

7725 Voice command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy blase View Post
Does it have voice command
Yes it does, in either male or female.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy blase View Post
I order the 7225 but I thinking about sending it back and getting RV 9165t-LM what are your thoughts on that one
After a little research there are a few differences. One is the battery life on the 7725 is 1 hour and the battery life for the 9165t-LM is only 30 minutes. The 7725 does not have the lifetime traffic receiver included which the 9165 does.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #12

For what it's worth, I have been using the Magellan 9165LT for a couple of years. At first it had let's say, some issues. After a couple of software updates, it has performed pretty good. As good as any pre-programmed robot can be expected to work that is. I particularly like the Lane Assist, it is Very helpful on freeways and in busy areas. The mounting bracket is pretty versatile allowing easy mount almost anywhere required.
Has free lifetime updates and traffic warning. The traffic part is hit and miss I have found so I don't turn it on anymore.
That's my story,,,,,
Old 06-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #13

Location: Recently moved to Arkansas and set my RV on my 25 acres until my new house is built.
I got a PM from RandMcSam and he said "The Good Sam update will be applied to your device (RVDN 7720) free of charge at the end of the Month. They are identical in every way other than the branding of Good Sam on the device."
Old 06-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #14

Usability Problems

So far, not so good. We've been on the road since 25 May. The device has had numerous errors in road directions, campground directions, road speed information, and missing campgrounds. Examples: On I74 northbound it completely missed the intersection of I74,I80 and I280 south of Davenport. Completely missed the new bridge construction on I72 at Hannibal, Mo. It's been going on for several years. Campground directions to the Hitchin' Post in Wray, Co were to 4 miles North of town. When the campground is actually 1 mile south. Campground directions to Galesburg East got us off at the right exit and then stopped. The campground was .2 miles away, out of sight, straight ahead. Speed ques are missing for sections of US highway. US20 between Fort Dodge and Early, IA is 4 lane. The device kept trying to direct us to old 2 lane highway. Attempts to contact RM online get a response to contact Tech Support during their business hours, which happen to be prime travel time. Apparently they can not forward comments. Inputs via "tell Rand" get NO response. Downloaded updates end with a note to check for what changes. There are no notes. Oh, and the website still does not talk to the RVND 7725 model. On the other hand it has a large display with lots of useful information. And when it works it works well. If I had some indication that RM was listening I would probably continue to work with it.

Tags
gps