Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2006, 06:33 AM   #1

It has now been about two months since I installed the Quik-Fill On-Board Battery Watering System by Flow-Rite.My good friend Adrian Lee recommened it to me,he had already installed it on his house batteries.It works PERFECT,it used to take about 30 minutes to check and fill the batteries,now maybe 5 minutes.
Ed Gardiser
Escondido,Ca.
04 Vectra
87 Nissan PickUp
FMCA
Ed Gardiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2006, 06:33 AM   #2

It has now been about two months since I installed the Quik-Fill On-Board Battery Watering System by Flow-Rite.My good friend Adrian Lee recommened it to me,he had already installed it on his house batteries.It works PERFECT,it used to take about 30 minutes to check and fill the batteries,now maybe 5 minutes.
Ed Gardiser
Escondido,Ca.
04 Vectra
87 Nissan PickUp
FMCA
Old 03-27-2006, 12:42 PM   #3

ED,

What keeps you from overfilling a particular cell on the battery? Some sort of check valve?
and: The Aviators: Stories of Helicopter Combat in Vietnam 1971-72
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:19 PM   #4

LK23
Go to www.flow-rite.com , it will explain how the fill system works.
Ed Gardiser
Escondido,Ca.
04 Vectra
87 Nissan PickUp
FMCA
Old 03-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
We have this on our 04 Vectra and it works great. It was always an ordeal when it came to putting water in the batteries before. When our camping friends saw how it worked, they all got them too.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:18 PM   #6

Glenda,

Thanks for the feedback. I bought a set today and get them installed tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:10 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
How tall do the Quik-Fill caps stand above the batteries?

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:50 AM   #8

cbeierl,

They sit about 1.5" high. They will fit in your battery compartment. They do in Ed's Vectra and in my Ellipse.

A reminder in Outlook on the first of the month comes up and reminds me to check the batteries. Just put the tube in a bottle of distilled water and give the bulb a few pumps until hard and that's all.

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
AdrianLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:08 AM   #9

I guess I am the only one tht has had problems with them. I put them on my batteries and after I fill the batteries I have water seeping onto the top of the batteries like they are over filled. I have talked to tech support at quick-fill and they sent me a new set and they do the same thing. I am ready to go back to the old fashion way.

2003 Journey DL 36GD
Tom Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:22 AM   #10

Tom
As soon as you feel resistance with the squeeze bulb stop squeezing.Just a guess of why your battery tops are wet.Also is your charger working correctly and not OVERCHARGING which will cause the water to spill out.
Ed Gardiser
Escondido,Ca.
04 Vectra
87 Nissan PickUp
FMCA
Old 03-29-2006, 12:32 PM   #11

The charger is working great and no over charging. That was my first thought. I squeeze the bulb til it becomes firm, this is according to the instructions.

2003 Journey DL 36GD
Tom Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:53 PM   #12

Another thumbs down for Quik-Fill. I purchased a 3 battery system at Camping World and paid almost $100. On my initial attempt to install the system one of the water input fittings broke. I returned it to Camping world for a replacement. After returning to my motor home I found this box had missing parts. By this time I had enough frustration. I returned the Quik-Fill system to Camping World for a refund.

Bottom line, this is flimsy, overpriced system. For $100 I expect a durable, well-made product that I can depend upon. If I had kept the system I would have worried that one of the pieces would break and/or one of the cells would not properly fill. Note, there is no way to see if the cells are filled without removing the Quik-Fill unit.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:11 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Williams:
I guess I am the only one tht has had problems with them. I put them on my batteries and after I fill the batteries I have water seeping onto the top of the batteries like they are over filled. I have talked to tech support at quick-fill and they sent me a new set and they do the same thing. I am ready to go back to the old fashion way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had the same problem...I put the system (got mine from Cabela's)on the rear-most two of my three coach batteries. Those two rear batteries seemed to be boiling over. My charging system checked fine as did the batteries. I called Flow-Rite and they asked if I always added water only after charging the batteries? I was just topping them off once a month. If you top them off when they are at less than full charge, they may weep out electrolyte when you do charge them. I have had no problems since I started 'following the directions.'
Old 03-31-2006, 08:50 PM   #14

LK23
To bad you feel that way,since I installed mine a couple months ago they have worked perfectly as long as I follow the directions.
Ed Gardiser
Escondido,Ca.
04 Vectra
87 Nissan PickUp
FMCA