Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2016, 09:37 PM   #1

Hurricane Heater Problems

My Hurricane heater quit working on last trip with an Remote open signal on my main panel. It is on my 2000 Beaver Marquis. Turned on system, turned on the thermostat and switched the remote switch on. Ran for 5 seconds then shut down, ran another 5 seconds then shut down with 10 second waring horn. Checked for continuity on patch cord from main control panel to remote switch in coach and All is fine. Did the same on the remote switch. That too is fine.
Boys at Hurricane say with No positive information that I either have a bad remote switch, or control board. They can't understand Why it fires up and runs at all with the remote open signal on main board. They didn't see that coming.
I am asking if any others have had the same problems and can tell me what there outcome was Please. Wish I Had An Aqua Hot System!
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2016, 09:43 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
You could have a bad fuel pump, you could have a plugged fuel filter. Just so we are talking about the same units, what model do you have?
Old 12-13-2016, 10:29 PM   #3

CO45D is the model. The Techs at Hurricane said the pump according to my information provided was not the problem. They said it would not even fire up if the pump was bad. I replaced the fuel filter today before trying it again to see if will run. I ran it on bypass and could see the burner via the sight glass and was burning Very Good. Yesterday I did the 1000 hour service on it even though it has 500 hours on it just to see the condition of the combustion chamber and nozzle. Has a newer nozzle dated Nov 05 on it. All is well. Thank You Don for the reply
Old 12-14-2016, 12:56 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
I can tell from experience that a fuel pump will give you the same troubles you had. I have the same unit and have spent a bit of time talking to the reps and found them to be a lot of help. I found the training clip I have attached. Take a look and with it, and the service manual, you can figure anything out. It is really a very simple system. If you could run it on bypass, you might have had some air in the fuel lines especially if the unit hadn't been run in awhile.
Training Videos | International Thermal Research
Old 12-15-2016, 08:03 AM   #5

Thank you Don for the Information and Time to write and offer your Help. I will do some more testing and watch the video and put it to good use. I did find my 3 way valve and will have to figure out the proper setting for summer and or winter use, It is deep inside the engine compartment, these things are hidden very good. Just purchased the coach and trying to get all user information for all systems and proper operation of said systems. I am sure it will be an easy fix just have to take the correct steps to get there. Cause and affect

Thank You Again,

Pat

Tags
ems, heat, heater, hurricane, problems