Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2017, 12:46 AM   #1

I need an attention getting airhorn

The horn in my Winnebago view sounds like my old 1973 VW bug. I don't wanna scare the bejesus out of folks, (well, maybe just a little bit) but seriously? I'm too embarrassed to even blow my horn, even at the most deserving of bonehead motorists. With the exception of you big DP's has anyone installed an after market airhorn on your rig? If so, was it difficult, worth the effort, worth the money and where did you get it. Thanks...Art
22 years Navy...Retired. 20 years Law Enforcement...retired. Navy showed me Viet Nam and police work showed me society's worst. Hopefully this 2015 Winnebago View 24m will show me a level of relaxation I've only dreamed of.
Donut lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2017, 01:04 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Does your View have air, (ride or brakes), or will you have to install the compressor,lines, and horns? If no air onboard already, you can find a electric horn, that sounds like a big truck, train, or what ever suites your fancy! Let Google do the search for you! Good luck!

My Freightliner semi, when i bought it, had 'one' air horn, that sounded like honking a clowns nose, so i added two more off a dump truck, making three total, and that fixed that problem, for sure!
If you are thinking about the train horns, that are popular on the semi's now days, you will have to have a dedicated air tank for them, because they use a lot of air, and will drain a stock air supply very quickly! Just so you know!
Rail!
Old 05-26-2017, 01:13 AM   #3

Ton s of kits on eBay
Kennzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:47 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bad Boy horns. They provide loud electric horns. Easy replacement for enemic standard horns. Not as loud as a full air horn setup, but loud enough to get attention and not to be embarrassed. (-:
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 06:16 AM   #5

I put this horn on my motorcycle so I'm pretty sure it would work on an RV. Other than getting power to the compressor you don't need to do any additional wiring to the horn button (on the motorcycle) so it's almost plug and play.
They have models that aren't split like this but I was limited to the amount of room I had. The horn section mounted right in place of the existing horn. DENALI SoundBomb Split Dual-Tone Air Horn | TwistedThrottle.com
Old 05-26-2017, 10:00 AM   #6

Get you a Code three unit that emergency vehicles use. 200 watt with PA mike. You need an external speaker. Very loud and takes up very little space. Has several choice of horns and sirens. Plus you can yell at them through the PA.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:09 AM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Choose wisely -- not the new horn, but the Bozo you blow it at. You never know which driver is close to becoming a road rage Bozo. Hand signals are optional, of course.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 02:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Does your View have air, (ride or brakes), or will you have to install the compressor,lines, and horns? If no air onboard already, you can find a electric horn, that sounds like a big truck, train, or what ever suites your fancy! Let Google do the search for you! Good luck!

My Freightliner semi, when i bought it, had 'one' air horn, that sounded like honking a clowns nose, so i added two more off a dump truck, making three total, and that fixed that problem, for sure!
If you are thinking about the train horns, that are popular on the semi's now days, you will have to have a dedicated air tank for them, because they use a lot of air, and will drain a stock air supply very quickly! Just so you know!
Rail!
No air in my rig. I guess I'm using the wrong descriptors...I guess what I need is a loud electric horn. That's where I'll focus my attention with these great responses I've been getting.
22 years Navy...Retired. 20 years Law Enforcement...retired. Navy showed me Viet Nam and police work showed me society's worst. Hopefully this 2015 Winnebago View 24m will show me a level of relaxation I've only dreamed of.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Bad Boy horns. They provide loud electric horns. Easy replacement for enemic standard horns. Not as loud as a full air horn setup, but loud enough to get attention and not to be embarrassed. (-:
Yep...this is the way for me to go. I don't have the desire nore expertise to hook up anything other than a simple plug-n-play type of horn...remove one and replace it with a louder one. Thanks for the input.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:16 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
Get you a Code three unit that emergency vehicles use. 200 watt with PA mike. You need an external speaker. Very loud and takes up very little space. Has several choice of horns and sirens. Plus you can yell at them through the PA.
...all well honed ingredients for some serious road rage
Old 05-27-2017, 02:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Choose wisely -- not the new horn, but the Bozo you blow it at. You never know which driver is close to becoming a road rage Bozo. Hand signals are optional, of course.
Absolutely right!
Old 05-27-2017, 02:40 AM   #12

I need an attention getting airhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

Yes!
I seriously doubt there is any horn that will adjust the tude or driving habits of the offenders.
None should be challenged nor further irritated nor triggered into more illogical actions. IMHO
My Hadleys are used very seldom. But they ARE loud!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut lover View Post
...all well honed ingredients for some serious road rage
Exactly!
Why add fuel to a fire. You just never know who or what you are dealing with these days.
Drive your own vehicle and forget about some other idiot. They will go away.
Lynn
Old 05-31-2017, 12:42 PM   #14

There is always this option

Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote