Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2017, 05:05 PM   #15

Oh yes, the war on dirt and moisture entering the coach - a timeless, while epic, battle!

From outside in:
-Rubber 4' x 4' cushion mats (The kinds for concrete floors, with the 1" holes all over. Come in black and I think red/clay color.)
-Off to the side, towards our patio sitting area, a 4' x 5' patio mat. With one end tucked under the heavier rubber mat.
-If needed, we have our entry step, for times that the first of the slide out stairs is too high. This is the black plastic one with legs, that has holes all throughout the top.
-We have two steps once you enter the coach. On these, and then at the top of the tile landing between the drivers and passenger seats, my wife has the Miracle Door mat. She buys two almost every 12-18 months to replace the ones that we have. One of the she cuts to fit the two steps coming up to the landing, and still has one left over as a spare. The two on the steps we take out and shake hard periodically, and lots of debris that has made it pass the outside defense are shook out. The one on the top landing is usually taken care of via vacuuming. And maybe four times a year, she'll take them all to a laundry mat and use one of the bigger washing machines, then lets them air dry.

We 9 times out of 10, remove our shoes while at the entry tile area. And place our shoes/sandals onto a plastic shallow tray used in mud rooms. We place this between the drivers seat and the pedals, as we turn the drivers seat into the coach when parked.

We have failed miserably at training our dog to stop, wipe her feet, and remove her paws upon entry...

Best to all, and keep the tips coming,
Smitty

https://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Door-...00JXXQL7Q?th=1
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie1022 View Post
Been using my big patio rug but it seams like we are still tracking in sand and dirt. I was at Menards today and say some flex tile that are slotted. They measure 18/18 and they inter lock. They come 6 in the package and are only about 3/8 inch thick so they will be easy to pack. I put 4 of them together and placed outside the door and the seam to be working ok already. I have a stone drive way and was in and out a lot getting it winterized before we head to Florida after the first of the year. Anyone else use something like this to help keed from tracking in so much?
This outdoor mat click here has greatly reduced the amount of sand brought into the MH as we camp mostly in Florida and the Keys. It is large 8' X 20', i fold it into a size of about 2 1/2' X 1' X 1' and it goes in a basement compartment. Once home i open it up in the driveway and vacuum it. I get 2 bags of sand from it. . Our 2 cocker spaniels get to walk a bit on it before entering cleaning their paws a bit. We've had this for about 4 years and if it were ever to need replacement i would buy it again. So far it shows no sign of wear.
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:06 PM   #17

We combat dirt and sand with a $99 Shark cordless vacuum. It picks up much more stuff than our corded vacuum at home. And it's so light and easy to handle.

We use the Shark every hour or two to keep the floors and carpets completely clean in the camper and in our kitchen at home.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:11 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We keep a brush with stiff bristles like this at the door. Use the back side to hit the sole of the shoe to loosen the dirt and then brush it off. Most grocery stores have them in stock.

https://www.cleanitsupply.com/p-3846...FQ8uaQodzpQASg
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:55 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here's what we do to keep the desert sand and dirt of socal and Arizona outside the coach. Heavy door mat outside, rake the shoes well on it before entering. Throw rug at top of steps. Shoes usually come off there. Handheld cordless vacuum as needed.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:14 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie1022 View Post
Been using my big patio rug but it seams like we are still tracking in sand and dirt. I was at Menards today and say some flex tile that are slotted. They measure 18/18 and they inter lock. They come 6 in the package and are only about 3/8 inch thick so they will be easy to pack. I put 4 of them together and placed outside the door and the seam to be working ok already. I have a stone drive way and was in and out a lot getting it winterized before we head to Florida after the first of the year. Anyone else use something like this to help keed from tracking in so much?
Do you have a link so I can see what you bought.

Thanks,
Dale
DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:51 PM   #21

Personally, I use an "artificial grass" mat under the stairs, coupled with carpet on the stairs, then take the shoes off inside.
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:06 PM   #22

http://www.menards.com/main/flooring...4441318055.htm

Hope this helps show what works for me.
Charlie1022
Charlie1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:47 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
Personally, I use an "artificial grass" mat under the stairs, coupled with carpet on the stairs, then take the shoes off inside.
We do the same, but have the "artificial grass" on all the stair risers also.

I took and covered the bottom two treads also after I took this picture of out new 4 step entrance.

Rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote