Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2018, 11:33 PM   #15

No one has mentioned when and where you run them and who you tick off, LOL
6x16inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2018, 10:05 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6x16inside View Post
No one has mentioned when and where you run them and who you tick off, LOL
It depends (Where we run??) Wherever we are, that requires a boost to the solar? Who you tick off?? NOBODY, I don't camp close enough to anyone to tick them off. And if someone could hear it, they would not be anymore ticked off at me as they would at someone with a Honda?? Your question really makes no sense? The picture that shows my Champion in the back of my truck was in Quartzsite, I actually started it and walked around with my GPS at 150' away I could not even here a HUUMMM. You make it sound like a person can't run a generator without "Ticking someone off" well I can say I never tick anyone off by running my Champion, I don't park close enough to people, and if they park to close to me then I would NOT run it at times that it would 'TICK" anyone off.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tngo View Post
my 3100/2800 current unit will handle pretty much anything I throw at it
We've got your 3100/2800W model, but with the remote start. When it's 35ºF outside, you just got out of bed, you want coffee and you're in your skivvies, that remote start is absolutely priceless.

And thanks to an online pricing error on Amazon that lasted less than a day, and which Walmart.com price matched , I got that genny for $590 last spring.
FirstTracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by weredoingit View Post
It depends (Where we run??) Wherever we are, that requires a boost to the solar? Who you tick off?? NOBODY, I don't camp close enough to anyone to tick them off. And if someone could hear it, they would not be anymore ticked off at me as they would at someone with a Honda?? Your question really makes no sense? The picture that shows my Champion in the back of my truck was in Quartzsite, I actually started it and walked around with my GPS at 150' away I could not even here a HUUMMM. You make it sound like a person can't run a generator without "Ticking someone off" well I can say I never tick anyone off by running my Champion, I don't park close enough to people, and if they park to close to me then I would NOT run it at times that it would 'TICK" anyone off.
Obviously, you haven't been in all the other posts about genny's, generators and gensets because "my" question mark missing STATEMENT was tongue in cheek compared to the dozens of others that have come in generator threads and "demanded" to know what "right" we had to be running such loud stinky machines.
Learn to relax a little. Bristled neck hair is for dogs.
6x16inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:27 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6x16inside View Post
Obviously, you haven't been in all the other posts about genny's, generators and gensets because "my" question mark missing STATEMENT was tongue in cheek compared to the dozens of others that have come in generator threads and "demanded" to know what "right" we had to be running such loud stinky machines.
Learn to relax a little. Bristled neck hair is for dogs.
I've read what I need to read. My answer is the same. (Tongue in cheek or not) Oh and I'm very relaxed, no hairs standing up here.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tngo View Post
Yup, we have the 3100 unit as well and it runs everything in our 32' Alpenlite 5er including the 15K AC unit without any issues......it even handled things well for us at 8800' in Creed CO this summer.

I am looking to upgrade to one of the new 3500 units not so much for the added power but for the remote start capability which will be really nice in the morning or when raining

We actually had a custom tray built for the genny as well as a gas can (2 on long trips) and our GMG smoker......really works well.
Saw one of those trays ( cheap rv store type) sliding down the road when the tube broke off right at the receiver. Tube was about 3/16 thick
Old 03-06-2018, 08:41 AM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeek View Post
Saw one of those trays ( cheap rv store type) sliding down the road when the tube broke off right at the receiver. Tube was about 3/16 thick
Which is exactly why I had this one custom made and it is very stout utilizing twin receivers attached directly to the structural members of my extremely well built Alpenlite coach.....I would not even consider anything off the shelf, especially one utilizing the factory installed single receiver type to hold anything of value....but that's just me
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:56 PM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSteven View Post
I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on a generator for our Glacier Peak 5er.
Probably looking at 4.5-5k. I just found the B&S P3000 PowerSmart Series portable.Does anybody have this or better options?
Although I don't have one, I did the research on this one for my nephew who wants to wire his house for a backup. This is a little small for a whole house, but if he watches what he runs, it should be ok. For the price, this looks like a sweet deal. They are new and won't ship his until next month.

If I had a truck and a 5r, I'd get this or a Honda 3000, although the Honda is twice the price.

https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect...?akamaifeo=off

Only 1 reveiw and it's from a guy with a 5r.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:23 PM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
On sale this weekend; https://www.harborfreight.com/3500-w...tor-63584.html

Just sayin'
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, inverter