Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2005, 04:23 AM   #15

I was talking by phone to a KVH tech. last Monday 9/26 and he told me that DirecTV has finally come up with the software fix for the D10 receiver.

BUT, it will not come out until Oct. 1st and then only be downloaded to a limited number of D10's to make sure that it is okay. If all is okay then DirecTV will do a mass download to all D10 receivers around Nov. 1st. After that then the low speed data port should work with our KVH receivers that need the LSD port.

Found this out while talking to a tech about the RCA DRD485RH receiver that KVH sent to me that quit working and won't power up. They are senting me another.

Ever feel like you couldn't win??

Ron

GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2005, 06:28 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally posted by GStream40:
Ever feel like you couldn't win??

Ron
I feel your pain. I should have saved my money and be happy with the crank up sat dish...The money saved could have filled 1 tank of gasoline this week...
Old 10-04-2005, 03:43 PM   #17

I am buying a Sunnybrook 5th wheell and was gonna get the "S" System Dome Stationary...
Would Dish Network work better and is the Direct TV just having problems with the in motion..
Also do you think that the automatic crank up would be better... I am NOT Mecicanicy inclined (and I cant spell)
Thanks for the imput..

Tom Grogan
destin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 03:31 PM   #18

Tom,

The S2 TracVision requires the low speed data port connection.
In my opinion, after owning the crank up on our last MH, If I was you I would get the Winegard crank dish with Digital Magic that lets you know what the elevation is on the dish.

I wish that was what I had on the coach we purchased last Sept. instead of the dome we have. I could locate the dish faster and the bigger crank dish gave us a better signal during most conditions.

Save your money, buy the crank up.

Ron

GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 03:58 PM   #19

Thanks for the reply I just came from campimg world and the service guy told me that that dome has Old tec and Make sure I stick with the Winegard.. He sugustedd the Moving View..

Thanks Again

Tom
Old 11-06-2005, 08:59 AM   #20

Hello I am getting a Mo Sat????? ( I am getting this setup I am sure you know what i mean)
I will ahve a Sunnybrook30RKFS 5er....Any info on this system???
Old 11-28-2005, 05:27 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally posted by GStream40:
I was talking by phone to a KVH tech. last Monday 9/26 and he told me that DirecTV has finally come up with the software fix for the D10 receiver.

BUT, it will not come out until Oct. 1st and then only be downloaded to a limited number of D10's to make sure that it is okay. If all is okay then DirecTV will do a mass download to all D10 receivers around Nov. 1st...
Well, I just checked my software version on my D10 yesterday and it still says last updated june 2005. I think we can all GIVE UP on the Directv fix... All this software change etc is a bunch of bull!!...Save your money and buy a crank up or save enough money until you can afford a unit that use DVB tech...This low speed port is cr*p. I think it is obsolete technology and will only become more troublesome later when we are trying to use some type of HDTV. Most of the new HDTV receivers DO NOT have the low speed data port anymore. I should've waited...There must've have been a reason CW is selling them at big discounts...they're getting rid of the old stuff...
Old 11-28-2005, 05:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally posted by destin100:
Hello I am getting a Mo Sat?????
If the MOTOSAT has the DVB system (which reads the info embedded in the sat signal) then it is a better system than using the low speed data port. Using DVB will be good if you have DISH500, since you have to switch between 2 sats... Obviously, you do not need an in-motion sat since you have a 5er. And if you have directv, I recommend using the winegard crank up with the digital elevation meter...It is cheap, simple and works well...
Old 11-30-2005, 08:27 AM   #23

JUST GOT THIS UPDATE FROM KVH:

Permanent Solution:
KVH is pleased to report that DIRECTV has developed new software that restores the functionality of the D10 receiver's low-speed data port. Beginning on the west coast, and rolling out across the country over the next few weeks, DIRECTV will be downloading this new software to all D10 receivers via its satellite connection.

Your D10 receiver can download this new software overnight. When you park your vehicle for the evening, just make sure your TracVision antenna is tracking the DIRECTV 101 satellite, then leave the receiver turned on with its low-speed data port disconnected. You may turn off your TV and TracVision antenna. In the morning, turn on your TV and check the receiver's Info & Test screen by first pressing the remote's Menu button, then selecting Settings, then Setup, then Info & Test on the TV. If software version 1027 or later appears on the Info & Test screen, your receiver has downloaded the new software. If not, try again in a day or two. DIRECTV might not have started downloads in your part of the country yet. (Complete D10 software upgrade instructions are included below as a downloadable PDF.)

Once your receiver has downloaded the new software, you can reset the system and reconnect the low-speed data port for automatic satellite selection. Turn off the D10 receiver and the TracVision antenna, reconnect the low-speed data cable, then turn on the D10 receiver. When a "Searching for Satellite" message appears on the TV, turn on the antenna. The antenna should now find the correct satellite.

KVH Site
Old 11-30-2005, 04:57 PM   #24

KVH sent me an older RCA receiver, a few months ago, to use the low speed data cord with. It has worked with no problems. Would you know of any advantage for me to switch back to my D-10 receiver?

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
tmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 05:04 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally posted by tmitchell:
KVH sent me an older RCA receiver...Would you know of any advantage for me to switch back to my D-10 receiver?
No advantage that I know of. I am using an older receiver that I had. Some D10 have an unrelated program menu problem.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:14 PM   #26

I just check my D10, looks like software updated on Dec 10, 2005. Dunno if it works. RV is in storage now.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:44 AM   #27

Anyone still having problems? Is everything resolved now?

I just received info from KVH that you can upgrade the L2 to the new R5 for $799 + labor. This will eliminate the need for a low speed dataport and allow you to use the High Def receivers...KVH says: "You will be able to get the HD & regular programming on DSS_101 & DSS_119...."
Old 03-16-2006, 04:28 AM   #28

Just saw the new KVH stuff the other day at their website. Not many details there. Just what can an R5 do that my L2 can't? DVB, like an L3, and HD?

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote