Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2019, 11:08 PM   #1

Looking for a small, DEPENDABLE pressure washer

Gents,
I've had a Karcher, very small, about the size of an over filled football pressure washer for about 10 or more years and, it finally gave up the ghost yesterday. I really liked it because, it was powerful enough to handle the smaller jobs I used it for and, the really nice part, it fit in my shore power compartment. But, it's gone to the grave yard for pressure washers and, I'm on the hunt for a new one. I just use it for washing the coach while on the road and, small rinse jobs when the Jeep gets muddy which, ain't often, I HATE MUD.

In the short time I've been researching, it seems that the majority of smaller electric pressure washers are a sort of stand-up type, maybe with little wheels. Well, that's all well and good for someone that's gonna store it someplace where it will fit in a garage, cabinet etc. But, I want SMALL. My Karcher was about 8" or 10" high by about 5"-7" thick by about 12" - 13" long. When researching just about anything, I always try and read reviews, if they're available. The one small one I've found so far, has mixed reviews. I'm not really fond of mixed reviews. I'd like to see all positive although that can be hard.

Anyway, if anyone's got one they either recently purchased or, have had for a while that's been dependable, with no issues, and, small enough to fit in the average sized compartment in an RV, I'd like to see it. I appreciate any help here.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2019, 12:41 AM   #2

Scott, Gander at this stuff....
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/powe...er-425386.html
Old 01-07-2019, 12:50 AM   #3

I have this.but they might be discontinued.

Campbell Hausfeld 1350-PSI 1.3-GPM Electric Pressure Washer
ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:15 AM   #4

My Snap On has survived several years
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:19 AM   #5

I surely want to thank all of you for your suggestions. I figured there'd be some good suggestions for sure. I'm leaning towards the Ryobi. Everyone's got a version, Lowes, Home Depot, Harbor Freight, and more. The Ryobi's small shoebox size and somewhat good reviews are causing me to lean that way. We'll see. Thanks again.
Scott
Old 01-07-2019, 10:03 AM   #6

I have the Ryobi from Home Depot. I just got it about 3 months ago and have used it a handful of times. It works well, is compact, and has three nozzles. I uses it for the light work of washing inside of boats where my larger gas pressure washer is just too powerful. I like it.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:38 AM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Here is what I did. I took the Karcher from Harbor Freight and stripped it down to just the pump, which ended up being the size of a football. I then mounted it under the hood in a dead area behind the driver's side headlights. I routed a water connection down to the bottom edge of the motor home and used a 50' hose that could reach the entire coach. The little Karcher came with a 25' power cord that I snaked down the frame rail to an outlet in a storage bay.

Name:   P1030171.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  8.4 KB

Name:   P1030177.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  6.0 KB
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:22 PM   #8

Well Gang,
Once again, I most certainly appreciate any and all responses and suggestions. The house water softener needed some salt so, we zoomed down to our local Lowes for some. While there, we tripped on over to the pressure washer isle. I looked at the available smaller electric ones and, within about 1 minute, I had one in my cart. It's kind-a ironic. In the pics below, you'll see my new "Greenworks" 1700 psi pressure washer. It's not the most powerful thing in the world but, it wasn't bought to steam clean cruise ship engines, just do little jobs like Don does, and that's to rinse the M/H when out and about. In the one pic, my hand is in front of it so you can get a real idea of the size of the unit.
Scott

On edit: Sorry for the crooked pics, I took them with my phone and may have held the phone in a different position for the pics. You get the point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0408.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	231298   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0409.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	231299  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0410.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	231300  
Old 01-08-2019, 09:00 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought a small cheep one years ago, its still kicking. After I finish using it (once every few months) I drain it, then spray silicon spray in the water intake, turn it on for a second or to to get the silicon into the pump section.

I spray silicon spray on all the o-rings, connectors, etc before storage, and again when re-assembling for use.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:17 AM   #10

I use the Ryobi from Home Depot. I like the small size and it’s standard wand quick disconnect fitting that allows connection of most attachments. I use a soap foam cannon attachment with it to wash my motorhome and cars which makes for a fast and easy washing. The pressure washer has been reliable in my 15 or so uses.
Bikinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:54 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Well Gang,
Once again, I most certainly appreciate any and all responses and suggestions. The house water softener needed some salt so, we zoomed down to our local Lowes for some. While there, we tripped on over to the pressure washer isle. I looked at the available smaller electric ones and, within about 1 minute, I had one in my cart. It's kind-a ironic. In the pics below, you'll see my new "Greenworks" 1700 psi pressure washer. It's not the most powerful thing in the world but, it wasn't bought to steam clean cruise ship engines, just do little jobs like Don does, and that's to rinse the M/H when out and about. In the one pic, my hand is in front of it so you can get a real idea of the size of the unit.
Scott

On edit: Sorry for the crooked pics, I took them with my phone and may have held the phone in a different position for the pics. You get the point.

I have used one of these for 5 rears. Still works fine
Old 01-10-2019, 03:30 PM   #12

I use a worx battery operated power washer. It's small, light weight, portable and super easy to use. It doesn't have super high pressure, but it works great for cleaning things up. I know the OP already got a new one. But for others who might be considering this, its worth giving it a look. It can draw from a bucket with a hose. You can also use a bottle that hooks to the handle. Think 2 liter soda pop bottle. No dragging a hose around for quick little clean ups. I like mine and would buy it again.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:55 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Well Gang,
Scott

Is your hand really that BIG! How about a follow up on a rainy day. How does it do?
GBDTN is offline   Reply With Quote