Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2016, 07:35 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Low clearances SW

I would like to know others experiences with this SW. I guess when or should I say if you can unzip it which I couldn't with my mac unless i bought another unzip SW.
I have an old windows machine that I tried and got a bit further but low clearance instructions are so brief they are useless. Their help youtube video is even worse, not even by low clearance but someone else doing another SW.

I'm usually pretty good at figuring computer things but this SW is not as it should be.

No phone contact just a contact window.

I've asked for a refund.
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2016, 07:44 PM   #2

Perhaps a better description of the software like a link would be in order.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:30 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I haven't a clue what the OP is talking about.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:32 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Assume he is talking about the Low Clearance POI database that allows you to upload low clearance points of interest to your GPS.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 05:11 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
This is their home page
low clearances.com

Inst. to unzip not much heip very brief
Low Clearances Customer Inquiries

youtube inst. from a link on their web page. video displays different SW and has little to do with their SW

If anyone who has used this SW any help will be appreciated.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:11 AM   #6

For one, you need either a piece of software like Microsoft Streets & Trips or Delorme Street Atlas USA. No equivalent on a MAC.

Then you unzip the download from lowclearances.com and install the POIs into the software depending on the software.

Or if you have a Garmin or similar GPS, you can install those POIs into the GPSunit.

Judging by the problems you are having, perhaps a better solution i to use ALK CoPilot which has a built-in height road database. It is available for PC, i devices and Android devices.

Or one of the RV specific GPS units that also have builtin height road databases.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:19 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce91 View Post
I would like to know others experiences with this SW. I guess when or should I say if you can unzip it which I couldn't with my mac unless i bought another unzip SW.
I have an old windows machine that I tried and got a bit further but low clearance instructions are so brief they are useless. Their help youtube video is even worse, not even by low clearance but someone else doing another SW.

I'm usually pretty good at figuring computer things but this SW is not as it should be.

No phone contact just a contact window.

Problem solved. My macbook unzipped the low clearance SW automatically with me not knowing it or it never need to be in the first place. Their customer service is so innefective by using a 3rd party ticket SW it took more time and frustration to finally get a response as to where the .zip files are. All i was seeing was .csv files and they were what was needed.

One lesson I learned is to NEVER again buy something when the only form of payment is paypal. You have no recourse with your credit card for refund. At this point the SW is working but if I had to do it again I most assured would not.

If this company was of any quality they would have had a free trial period. Buyew beware with lowclearances dot com SW
Old 08-09-2016, 05:40 AM   #8

The publisher of this POI database is in the UK. Phone support is probably not an option.

https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?na...clearances.com

Registrant/Admin Contact
Name: JON MILLS
Organization: FIXEDPHOTOS.COM
Mailing Address: 22 FIELD VIEW, BRACKLEY NN13 6BL UNITED KINGDOM
Phone: +44.01280843992
Ext:
Fax:
Fax Ext:
Email:JON.MILLS@EMAIL.COM

Tech Contact
Name: JUST HOST HOSTING
Organization: JUSTHOST.COM
Mailing Address: 1958 SOUTH 950 EAST, PROVO 84606 UNITED STATES
Phone: +1.8887557585
Ext:
Fax:
Fax Ext:
Email:WHOIS@JUSTHOST.COM

Mike
2000 HR Endeavor
Old 08-09-2016, 08:28 AM   #9

Too many acronyms people. Is it really that inconvenient to type "software"? Bruce91, you are using SW as software right? Maybe define the abbreviation first next time, because I'm not the only one who was confused.
Falfrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote