RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #1

Has anyone used (or heard of) P & S Window/counter top cleaning solution? I passed by another RVer today and his windshield looked so GREAT I stopped to ask how he cleaned them. He showed me a 1/2 gallon container by "P & S." No website, but an 800 #. Unfortunately I must have copied the number down wrongly or it's changed. He said he'd used from that container (10 to 1 solution) for several years. Google and Yahoo hasn't helped either! Just always on the lookout for "good stuff" to use on my RV. Any help would be appreciated. Or, what do you use that you are greatly satisfied with?

2005 Dutch Star (4009)
OpaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #2

Has anyone used (or heard of) P & S Window/counter top cleaning solution? I passed by another RVer today and his windshield looked so GREAT I stopped to ask how he cleaned them. He showed me a 1/2 gallon container by "P & S." No website, but an 800 #. Unfortunately I must have copied the number down wrongly or it's changed. He said he'd used from that container (10 to 1 solution) for several years. Google and Yahoo hasn't helped either! Just always on the lookout for "good stuff" to use on my RV. Any help would be appreciated. Or, what do you use that you are greatly satisfied with?

2005 Dutch Star (4009)
Old 08-29-2007, 04:56 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Invisible Glass, Home Depot, Costco's, Sam's. You can really see the different and they get cleaner the first couple of times you use it, as it removes the old residue.

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:23 AM   #4

Try this
http://www.pssales.com/products/glass.html

Andrea
C Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:05 AM   #5

Thanks for the website. I guess I didn't put in enough info for Google. Have you used the product?

2005 Dutch Star (4009)
Old 08-29-2007, 07:08 AM   #6

Thanks for another referral! I'm always looking for a cheaper, better way to keep the coach clean. Since Costcos, Home Depot are easy to find, I'll try out Invisible Glass before I have to order on line and pay for shipping too.

2005 Dutch Star (4009)
Old 08-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I usually use Windex to get the 'big chunks' off, and most of the dirt on a paper towel and then follow up with "Invisible Glass" and a micro-fiber cloth. 'Invisible Glass' does a great job!
DICK
Acker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:08 AM   #8

A old trick I've used is glass cleaner and wipe off using old newspapers.Seems the print collects the dirt and polishes the glass.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:34 AM   #9

I've used that before - long before, when I was in a stick house! But I know why I didn't remember it this time - I don't take, and haven't subscribed to a newspaper in years. When I finally figured out how biased (read liberal) they pretty much all are, I just gave up on print media - thus don't have the stuff in my house or RV! But, you have a good point - using their dirt to clean my dirt! I guess I could find some local "mullet wrapper" paper to use. :&gt

2005 Dutch Star (4009)
Old 09-02-2007, 04:52 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Over the years I have used Windex, the original blue only, works well. White vinegar will really give you a great clean shine, inside and out. Recently started using Rain X window cleaner on the exterior of all glass on all vehicles, works very well with the added benefit of Rain X. It is a good idea to stay away from paper towel on glass, it can actually scratch the surface. Newspaper is what I use to take off and polish the windows.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:17 AM   #11

Thanks, Ithrnk! I'd never heard that paper towels could actually scratch the glass. I always use microfiber towels anyway. Couldn't help but notice the "semper fi" at the end of your signature block. I was a USN Chaplain and served with 3rd MarDiv in Okinawa (1986-90) and was one of my favorite tours! I'm actually still a member of the 3rdMarDiv Assn, but have never attended a convention. OpaRon

2005 Dutch Star (4009)
Old 09-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
OpaRon,

Thank you for your service. We always have a place in our hearts for the Padres and the Docs that served with us. God Bless.

Mike

lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote