Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #15

Progressive replaced my PT 50x last month with a brand new one. Easy website claim form + 2 pics and the replacement was approved with 30 minutes. The new one arrived a week later. Easily the best warranty service I can remember. They do require a copy of the original receipt.
StephenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2018, 08:02 PM   #16

for those that have had to have replacement on a hard wired unit. did they send you new guts or did you have to remove the entire unit and reinstall the new one? also if a surge blows it up is it covered ?? I'm was just looking at them thinking wow to the price, and do i really need one??
Old 05-05-2018, 10:43 PM   #17

Purchased a PT50X last July after moving from a 30 amp coach. It has been in use everyday and has saved me from low voltage at least 3 times.
Moved our Itasca Horizon last Wednesday from the Akron, Iowa City Park to the Sioux Falls KOA. Plugged the EMS into the panel and waited for it to start it’s readout. L1-122volts. L2- 119 volts and zero errors. Microwave started up so everything was good as usual. Started hooking up the water hose when I heard a loud pop sound from the pedestal. Found that the 50amp breaker had not tripped but that L-2 read zero volts and an error code of 6. No power at all in the RV. Called the office who had maintenance come down with a meter which read that the pedestal was ok. I removed the box and hooked it up to 3 other pedestals which read zero on L-2. Plugged my cord in without the EMS and everything worked for the remainder of our stay. Today in Rapid City I tried it and once again zero.
Called Progressive on Friday and left a message but no callback yet. Question is has anybody had this happen or an idea on what might have caused this.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:54 PM   #18

Sent in Warranty Claim today. Excellent Service
Old 05-26-2018, 01:27 AM   #19

Received a new replacement in less than a week. Great Service
Old 05-26-2018, 01:51 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn6596 View Post
for those that have had to have replacement on a hard wired unit. did they send you new guts or did you have to remove the entire unit and reinstall the new one? also if a surge blows it up is it covered ?? I'm was just looking at them thinking wow to the price, and do i really need one??
I removed the EMS-HW50C, not as hard as it looks, just dealing with the stiff wire. Fedex'd it out on Monday had it back repaired on Wednesday.

I do think there are also field replaceable modules in there as well but after trouble shooting mine with PI over the phone on a Sunday night they determined I need to send the unit in.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:02 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn6596 View Post
I carry large Morris splice blocks that would allow either the transfer switch or hard-wired PI EMS to be readily bypassed.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:47 AM   #22

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
One thing to note... Progressive Industries has recently been sold and bought, the new company... Well it appears they are keeping the warranty or at least honoring it.

But they did make a few changes.. I'm not sure how important they are.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:20 PM   #23

They sent me the guts to replace a a failed surge module. Took 10 minutes to install

2006 Windsor PRT
Dalsn1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service