Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Sixpack98:

Has anyone noticed that the PI EMS indicates about 3 to 4v high? I notice ours indicates higher than my digital fluke and plug in digital monitor. Read on another board that others have seen this as well.

mark
Yeah, ours reads high too. It was just installed today here at the RV show in Tampa. The installer says it's because of line loss from the electrical bay to the EMS panel in the cockpit. I don't buy it. I think it's just calibrated a bit high. That's OK, I don't mind, as long as it's consistent.

joe
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally posted by FlyingDiver:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sixpack98:

Has anyone noticed that the PI EMS indicates about 3 to 4v high? I notice ours indicates higher than my digital fluke and plug in digital monitor. Read on another board that others have seen this as well.

mark
Yeah, ours reads high too. It was just installed today here at the RV show in Tampa. The installer says it's because of line loss from the electrical bay to the EMS panel in the cockpit. I don't buy it. I think it's just calibrated a bit high. That's OK, I don't mind, as long as it's consistent.

I think deal of full of crap. On another board a poster said Progressive showed him how to recalibrate. End user was experiencing high voltage drop outs due to calibration. His PI EMS was reading about 4v high.

joe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Mine was reading a little low when first installed and was calibrated. I believe Progressive would tell you how to do it. If I remember correctly it's an adjustment like turning a set screw until the readout matches your meter.

The problem with it reading too high/low is it may shut you down for high voltage when it really isn't.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:04 AM   #32

Quote:
I think it's just calibrated a bit high.
Hi Joe! Now that you are in stable 50 AMPS how much of a difference is there between your E-Plex and the Progressive reading? Paul
Old 01-27-2009, 08:15 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Jetsmania:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think it's just calibrated a bit high.
Hi Joe! Now that you are in stable 50 AMPS how much of a difference is there between your E-Plex and the Progressive reading? Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, good question. I just checked. It's dead on for both voltage and amperage.

joe
Old 02-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #34

I bought the 50 amp post mount. Decision was based on customer support you get from Progressive.
RamblinThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #35

Excel Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
We bought the Progressive 50Amp unit over 2 years ago and it has saved us more than once from not only a spike, but also a dip! About a year ago, the LED stopped lighting up and after 1 phone call to Progressive, a new unit was sent out complete with a postage paid return box for the old. How great is it to find a manufacturer that not only makes a good product, but is willing to stand behind it without any hassles whatsoever!
M&S Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #36

Hardwire install question.
Is the shore power cord removed and then the progressive unit hooked to that? Then what do you use to hook the progressive unit to the coach? A short piece of 50 amp cord?
Chet
Old 02-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
CyberVet65,
You could do that, or go to Home depot and buy four lengths of 6 gauge wire, in red, black, white, and green. 2 feet of each should be fine. Then just follow the instructions matching the colors on the respective terminals. And, you wouldn't have to shorten your power cord. I did mine at the transfer switch and encased the wire in the plastic sealtight conduit.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:19 AM   #38

Perfect!
I knew there was an answer here!
Thanks.
Chet