Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-20-2005, 06:10 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes. Does anyone have any experience with this manufacturers product?

We are looking for a sun blocker but I definately don't do ladders anymore (& the copilot Extraordinaire has NEVER done ladders).

This particular manufacturer imbeds a metal rod at the edges of the screen and says you can roll it across the windshield (easily) from the ground.

This website gives a good look at the product. http://www.motorcoachdesigns.com/MCD...n_Screens.html

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2005, 07:53 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Mark,
We have used the sunscreen on our Allegro Bay 37DB for two years. We spend 6-7 months a year on the road.
The fabric has held up very well and with the exception of a few stains, looks like new.
The only adverse thing that I can say, is mine is made with the rubber straps and metal clips that hold the sunscreen up. This has been changed to suction cups because of the problems with the clips scratching the paint. They have rubber over the clips, but, it comes off.
I am tall, 6'4" and can reach to put the sunscreen up without a ladder. Shorter people may have problems.
Would I buy them again I guess is the best test of the product. Yes, because I don't want snaps etc. on the front of the coach and have to take the ladder out every time I put them up.
Marv

Old 11-20-2005, 03:14 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Marv - thanks for the info. And yes, the best test is would you buy it again.

I am a bit vague on how these attach. Are the suction cups left on the coach body or do you take them off and put them on each time?

Thanks again for the help.

Old 11-21-2005, 03:05 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
We have the Prompt screen also and like it. No more ladders for me!
Old 11-21-2005, 09:59 AM   #5

The suction cups are attached to the screens. I have had the screens for 1 1/2 years and they are holding up well. I am 5'11" and use a small step stool to install them. I have put them on without the stool but it is a stretch for the driver's side window. The best time to install them is right after you dump air and before you level. Mine are a light tan so I try and raise the front of the motor home a bit higher than the rear to keep most of the water draining off the rear. This keeps the screens cleaner.

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
tmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:36 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have the Prompt Screens also and I it is the easiest to install, and after a year of Florida travels they are still in great shape. YES, I would buy this product again..

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 03:55 PM   #7

We have the Prompt Sunscreens. Very easy to put on and take off. Make a big difference in inside temp's. I am very pleased with them. I'm in law enforcement and was unable to get home to take the sunscreens off the MH (MH stored alongside house) when Hurricane Wilma came through last month. The windshield and drivers side cover stayed on and the passenger side suction cup worked loose and the screen was laying on the ground. All I had to do was screw the suction cup back on and put it on the MH. I'd say not bad as there were gusts up to 125 mph.

Take care.

2004 Newmar Kountry Star 3560
RobAndTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:37 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Doc,
I do not have the suction cups on mine, however, as I recall they go on the body. They come off with the sunscreen. It is a much neater look and avoids the snaps etc. remaining on the body at all times.
Marv
Old 11-23-2005, 01:45 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks to all who responded. This is what I love about this site, the willingness of all to help & share. You're a great bunch of RV'ers.

Old 11-23-2005, 06:19 PM   #10

Appalachian Campers
We have used the Promt screen for 4 years, no problems at all. Would not have any other.

Tow 2001 PT Cruiser
Colette and Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 06:35 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Great screen that installs and works as advertised. Right now I only have the front windshield screen but on my prior MH I had them on driver & passenger windows; dinette / sofa windows and rear plus 2 side bedroom windows. Unfortunately those don't fit my current MH.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:36 PM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

Bob Jones, owner of RVsunshades will have a booth at the 2007 iRV2 National Rally the entire week. He can make custom sunshades and tire covers on premise.
His email address is rvsunshadesbob@aol.com
His phone numbers are 417-527-2527 or 877-422-5679.

If you don't get them before we see you all at the Rally, I bet you could have them done in July in Branson....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:29 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have used the PromptRV sunscreens since Jan, 2004 and they are Great. I am 5'8" and I can put them on without using a step stool. They don't come off in heavy wind and there is no drilling into the RV to put clips on.
The people at PromtRV are very knowledgable and easy to work with. I will use them on future RV's also.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:45 AM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hello,

We have had the Prompt Sunscreen for 3 years. We have the front screen which attaches with rubber straps (no-problems) and 2 side screens that attach with suction cups. Our only problem is that we have to change the suction cups about once per year as they get stiff and will not keep suction. Have purchased the clear "Christmas decoration" cups as replacements and they work well.

Would buy this product again!

Nap&Joe is offline   Reply With Quote