Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Psiclops Air Pressure Gauge/Equalizer

Oemy said that if I put this on the forum he'd buy me a BBQ luch, so here it is.

Based on some work he did on my MH using his Psiclops I decided to buy one for myself because I always have a hard time getting a good reading on the inside tire of my duallys. I've never seen anything so easy to use in my life! You can inflate/deflate one tire at a time, both tires at the same time, equalize the pressure in both at the same time, etc. It has a very easy clip on apparatus which goes on to the chuck so you don't have to force anything. Best $40 I've ever spent.

Dale - Louis Mueller, Cooper's, Elgin, Kreutz, Southside, any will do when I come back in Sep!
golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Do you have a link where you purchased it from?
Mafiaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:00 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafiaman View Post
Do you have a link where you purchased it from?
www.vulcantire.com is where I got mine although there are others. They got it to me in four days.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #4

I bought one last year and it does the job of filling both rear tires at once and equalizing them. The inflating hoses are long enough that you can stand off to the side as you fill your tires.
buck62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
You can get one off Ebay for $20. Just be sure it is the XL180.

OBTW - Denny will say anything for free Q.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck62 View Post
I bought one last year and it does the job of filling both rear tires at once and equalizing them. The inflating hoses are long enough that you can stand off to the side as you fill your tires.
I bought one last year also. I do like the fact that you can do both fronts and each side in the rear and get it accurate. It's a little off from my certified gauge though. I need to do some more checking to see what I will need to do to correct the psiclops
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If I want 70 PSI can I set to shut off at 70? Just how do you use this system? Txs
Old 10-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeman View Post
If I want 70 PSI can I set to shut off at 70? Just how do you use this system? Txs
I've never tried to pre-set a reading so maybe others can help. I just watch the gauge and then stop the air just above the level I want. Then I can lower it to the level I want.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Golden..I see company out of business and some negative reviews. Sounds like you're happy.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I wasn't aware of either. Yes, I've been very satisfied but then I only use it several times a year, not every day. At the price point it was selling, I'm surprised that the company went out of business. It was very reasonable. Maybe thats the reason.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I purchased the xl180 and had nothing but problems, mainly leaking air at multiple points. Never could get a call back from the company then no company number! I can see why they went out of business. Never got to use it once.
RonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Txs RonK....almost purchased.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just for grins, I Googled Psiclops air pressure gauge and on the first page (the only one I checked), there was nothing but POSITIVE reviews. I could care less if you or anyone bought one but I'm really happy with mine which I've had for two years and would absolutely recommend it to others. I bought mine solely for using on my rear duallies on the MH because the inside tire was so difficult to get a reading. Not so with the Psiclops. Naturally, it works equally as well with single tires. Sorry that anyone else has had problems with this product, but the same thing can happen with ANY product.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
golden
I totally agree with what your saying but why buy a product where the manufacturer is out of business and if you do buy an obsolete item on ebay or wherever and it is faulty who pays the return shipping in addition to the fact that your already paying half the purchase price just to get it to you. It is a great idea and I wish someone would make and sell it once again. I bought mine directly from the manufacturer and obviously it was during the time they were going out of business. Obviously for a reason!
RonK is offline   Reply With Quote