Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2016, 08:53 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Quick Pressure

Just installed some Quick Pressure pressure reporting valve stem caps. Seemed like a good idea. The turn green when pressure is correct, red when they need air. They have the look and feel of a quality product and the are made in the USA.

Problem is they don't seem to work. Carefully inflated my tires to 80lbs as they are 80lb caps. None of them turned green. Drove 20 miles as the instructions say driving "primes" them to read correctly. Still, all of them read mostly red. I installed Crossfires at the same time and they work perfectly. Used same tire gauge for both.

Sent the manufacturer an email. Was called the next day by the president of the company. I didn't really have any ideas as to why they didn't work, but he's sending out replacements at no charge. I bought the originals off Amazon and the package appeared to have been opened, so ,maybe I got somebody's rejects. The manufacture didn't even ask me to return the old units.

In any case, has anyone else used these successfully ? I will report back when I get the replacements installed.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2016, 09:24 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You only need these on the front....right?
Since the crossfire has a built in pressure indicator.

Regards,

Dan
Old 03-23-2016, 01:57 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post
You only need these on the front....right?
Since the crossfire has a built in pressure indicator.

Regards,

Dan
Front and the tag.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:14 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdebarmore View Post
Just installed some Quick Pressure pressure reporting valve stem caps. Seemed like a good idea. The turn green when pressure is correct, red when they need air. They have the look and feel of a quality product and the are made in the USA.

Problem is they don't seem to work. Carefully inflated my tires to 80lbs as they are 80lb caps. None of them turned green. Drove 20 miles as the instructions say driving "primes" them to read correctly. Still, all of them read mostly red. I installed Crossfires at the same time and they work perfectly. Used same tire gauge for both.

Sent the manufacturer an email. Was called the next day by the president of the company. I didn't really have any ideas as to why they didn't work, but he's sending out replacements at no charge. I bought the originals off Amazon and the package appeared to have been opened, so ,maybe I got somebody's rejects. The manufacture didn't even ask me to return the old units.

In any case, has anyone else used these successfully ? I will report back when I get the replacements installed.
Update. Received the replacements from the manufacture and they work perfectly. Very worthwhile upgrade. Now with these and the Crossfires, I can take a quick walk around the coach and see very quickly if the tires are at the correct pressure.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:30 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdebarmore View Post
Update. Received the replacements from the manufacture and they work perfectly. Very worthwhile upgrade. Now with these and the Crossfires, I can take a quick walk around the coach and see very quickly if the tires are at the correct pressure.

Can you post the link to Amazon where you bought them ?
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:41 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
Can you post the link to Amazon where you bought them ?
http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Pressure.../dp/B00XCOQ52I
Old 03-26-2016, 07:48 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Personally I like to sit in the drivers seat and let the TPMS do it's job rather than having to stop.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:53 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Personally I like to sit in the drivers seat and let the TPMS do it's job rather than having to stop.
Yes that is a better solution, but I only drive mine about 10 times a year on trips that everage around 150 miles. I didn't like the idea of dealing with the batteries in the sensors. When I'm able to travel the country in a few years I will get a TPMS along with a more modern coach.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:03 PM   #9

Quote:

x2!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:18 AM   #10

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
You really need to get out and do a walk around just to stretch your legs if for no other reason. And I might add for less than 1/4 the price of your fancy TPMS.
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:45 AM   #11

I agree. Though the TPMS are nice and (when working) will notify you of a problem they have proven to unreliable. Seems every vehicle I have seen equipped with them the owners have started to ignore them as the batteries are always dead and expensive to replace. The color coded caps are inexpensive, and easy to check. But I have digressed... Thanks for the writeup and the reminder I need to get a set for my rig!
travelerx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:01 PM   #12

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerx2 View Post
I agree. Though the TPMS are nice and (when working) will notify you of a problem they have proven to unreliable. Seems every vehicle I have seen equipped with them the owners have started to ignore them as the batteries are always dead and expensive to replace. The color coded caps are inexpensive, and easy to check. But I have digressed... Thanks for the writeup and the reminder I need to get a set for my rig!
A big thumbs up! I have mine on order for both the 5th and the duals on the truck. As to the front wheels I guess I could order a pkg of 4 and keep 2 for spares. However, I feel I can tell on the steering wheel pull if I get a low tire on the front. I may get a pkg. for the front. Still thinking on it.
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:12 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
You really need to get out and do a walk around just to stretch your legs if for no other reason. And I might add for less than 1/4 the price of your fancy TPMS.
Did I say I didn't get out and do a walk around when we stop? I do that as well as let the TPMS monitor the tires in real time.

Cost of a TPMS is low compared to a blow out and it's consequences!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 06:51 AM   #14

Quote:
Did I say I didn't get out and do a walk around when we stop? I do that as well as let the TPMS monitor the tires in real time.

Cost of a TPMS is low compared to a blow out and it's consequences!

x 2000 . . . . which just happens to be the cost a friend paid when the tire on his toad experienced a flat or blowout, not really sure what it was as when he pulled over after a passing car alerted him to a problem, there wasn't much left of the tire, or for that matter, his fender well!

He had been traveling for an undetermined number of miles with a flat tire, which I'm pretty sure the quick pressure thingie would have alerted him to if he were happening to be running alongside his toad at 65 mph, with his head going in a rapid rotation to see the red mark!

Or he could have just pulled over immediately when his TPMS alerted him to the sudden pressure loss in his tire, which would have required him to change the flat tire with his spare so he could drive to the tire store to get the tire repaired or replaced, with no damage to his car, no down time for toad body/fender repair, no aggravation at all . . . .

For ME, Total cost of TPMS from EEZRV was $429.00 for receiver and 10 sensors . .

Cost of 1 RV tire is more than that, you make your decision, I'll make mine, I won't criticize your choices, and you . . . .well, whatever, I can always hope anyway!

Oh, by the way, HE now has a TPMS as well!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote