Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2016, 07:35 AM   #1

Range hood vent/wall vent options

I purchased my motorhome used. I did not like the way the outdoor plastic stuff: light, speakers, vent, etc. had yellowed, so I replaced them. Unfortunately, on our last adventure, I left the hood vent flap open and it broke off. Before replacing it, I thought I'd shop for something a bit more attractive and hopefully durable.

Ventline makes a more attractive, streamlined version (V2009), but it does not look like it would keep rainwater out while underway. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Are there better/more attractive options available?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2016, 09:34 PM   #2

My Horizon's microwave didn't have a vent to the outside so I added one. This is what I went with. I got it from RVStuff.com and I think it looks better than what Winnebago offered at the time. I've seen it on Tiffin MH's too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0860.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	142434  
JaminSamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaminSamin View Post
My Horizon's microwave didn't have a vent to the outside so I added one. This is what I went with. I got it from RVStuff.com and I think it looks better than what Winnebago offered at the time. I've seen it on Tiffin MH's too.
That looks good. I haven't seen that style before. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2016, 04:03 AM   #4

Installed this vent on my MH this summer. Here is a thread on it. Microwave Vent to The Outside of Coach
Old 10-25-2016, 05:13 AM   #5

I believe both of those are the Trusty brand Microwave vents. I have one on the way. Thanks for your help!

Tags
vent