Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #43

RonA, I just bought the Craftsman compressor for $94 from Sears online. Try this link: 8pc. Portable Air Compressor: Take Craftsman Power to Go with Sears

I added the dual chuck for another $6. Got free shipping on both items.
LadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #44

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
There are three of the Craftsman compressors available at Amazon for $119. as of Feb. 4th.

Sears outlet stores have reconditioned ones available for $44.
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #45

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
Just bought a husky 3 gallon at home depot for $129.00 it goes up to 165psi quick, little heavy at 31lbs but small enough to put in the basement. Really like the large gauge and dial to set pressure.
Like the one below? I use it to air our 5th wheel tires up to as much as 120 PSIG. It's a little bulkier than some but fits in the toolbox in the bed of our truck. A good alternative to the Craftsman compressor if anyone is interested.

Rusty
Attached Images

RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Ron, I see this compressor available from Sears at this link:

8pc. Portable Air Compressor: Take Craftsman Power to Go with Sears

It looks like the one I have. I didn't get mine at a store, I ordered it and UPS delivered. Hope this helps.

Lew
Old 02-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #47

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post

Like the one below? I use it to air our 5th wheel tires up to as much as 120 PSIG. It's a little bulkier than some but fits in the toolbox in the bed of our truck. A good alternative to the Craftsman compressor if anyone is interested.

Rusty
Rusty,
So far I really like the Husky as it adjusts for the pressures needed-tires to toys very easily. It is heavy but I switched the short hose for a 50ft one and now it stays in place down below and the hose goes where I need it. Thinking about adding a reel but right now can't find any small enough that I like.
Ron
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #48

Thanks folks... will pick one up this week, Ron
Old 02-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #49

What about a 12V model that can handle motorhome tires? My brother recommened this one from Harbor Freight, but I have concerns about it. He uses it to air up his big jeep tires.
12 Volt, 150 PSI High Volume Air Compressor

I have a small A/C powered air compressor, but was also thinking about getting a 12V one just in case I do not have power.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:58 AM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
What about a 12V model that can handle motorhome tires? My brother recommened this one from Harbor Freight, but I have concerns about it. He uses it to air up his big jeep tires.

I have a small A/C powered air compressor, but was also thinking about getting a 12V one just in case I do not have power.
I have this same compressor. I have used it to air up my Coachman 19.5 tires with no problems to 90 psi, I also use it to air up my Toyota tires after I have been off roading. I have had this for about 2 years and it hasn't given me any trouble. I don't particularly like the air chuck on it because you must screw it on for it to work. I also don't trust the pressure gauge.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #51

After reading this and a few other threads about air compressors I bought the Craftsman...I hope that I get the years of good service that the OP has had...

Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #52

I too just went to Sears and bought the same compressor. Amazing how fast it gets to 150 psi. haven't tried to air the tires yet but i have no doubt it can do it. Added all quick disconnect hardware to it so i can use air gun or HD trigger inflator.
Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #53

jeepsrule,

I have seen this problem on a HR Endeavor also made by Monaco. To fix it we changed the air fitting. I don't know how, but the pressure reading went right up to 130 psi, and our friend has had no problems airing his tires. since. As to a slow fill of tires, we don't have that problem at all. We set the high speed idle on our coach and start the fill. Doesn't take long at all.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post

I bought this compressor and haven't used it much but the few times I have it worked great. The only downside is you need to connect it directly to the chassis battery and run the engine. It uses a lot of juice.
I bought it mostly to air up my airbags, but works great on the tires too.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just bought the Craftsman compressor today for $75 from Kmart, it was on clearance, can't wait to try it out.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:18 AM   #56

The Craftsman is now on sale for $ 100 on the Sears website with free shipping.
esfritzi is offline   Reply With Quote