Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2017, 06:03 PM   #1

Replacement slide out covers

Where is the best place to get replacement covers for my slide outs and what should they cost? I have a 40 foot Monaco Windsor PKDD with 2 slides.Should I try replacing them myself or have it done?
Charlie1022
Charlie1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2017, 06:20 PM   #2

They are sold by the foot. Several online retailers sell them. Depending on brand, replacement is relatively simple. Requiring a big nail, two ladders and a buddy. Takes all of about 30 minues each.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:32 PM   #3

450 Don
You must be referring to the pros to replace.
BACKDRAFT161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:50 PM   #4

I recommend www.StoneVos.com. Fantastic products.

We did our 4 slide out toppers ourselves but it took several ladders and some help.
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:41 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I replaced mine by myself, don't recall the company name but they had good reviews. I took my time did some extra cleaning and inspecting while I had the old one off. I am mechanically inclined but this was one of those jobs that had me feeling a little intimidated. I used one ladder and a few tools, took about half a day and it was way easier than I imagined.
LookAtUSNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:10 AM   #6

Used Tough top awnings. Lasted about 4 years of full timing. Took me about two hours for two. One ladder and the DW helping.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:27 AM   #7

I went with tough tops also. I had helped a friend change his covers so I had some experience. Took me about 30 minutes each to change mine. They have really good customer service.
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:11 PM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Charlie, I highly recommend Chris at Stone Vos. He was able to furnish acrylic fabric that PERFECTLY matched the original that came on my 2002 Windsor 40 PBT! He has the highest quality fabric and thread out there! Yes, it's a little more expensive, but WELL worth the difference!

Not sure, but I don't think ToughTops has the acrylic fabric that is on you coach.

Yes, you can do it yourself with the aid of a friend and two 8' stepladders! I have done two of mine and getting ready to do the third one!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Charlie, I highly recommend Chris at Stone Vos. He was able to furnish acrylic fabric that PERFECTLY matched the original that came on my 2002 Windsor 40 PBT! He has the highest quality fabric and thread out there! Yes, it's a little more expensive, but WELL worth the difference!

Not sure, but I don't think ToughTops has the acrylic fabric that is on you coach.

Yes, you can do it yourself with the aid of a friend and two 8' stepladders! I have done two of mine and getting ready to do the third one!

X2! Chris at Stone Vos is a perfectionist & will only use the best material. He is a coach owner and just generally a great guy.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post

Great points about the the highest quality fabric and thread. The old cotton thread on the seams usually fails first. Acrylic fabric with mono-filament should last twice as long as the vinyl / cotton.
We'd call our buddy Skylar at AZ Awnings for expert service. YMMV.

Be well
J & J, DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali, 3500HD-Max, 4x CC, 8' DRW,
EZGo-TXT, Clubcar Precedent
MtnTrek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, slide, slide out