Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #1

RV Washer/Dryer Models?

Will be going FT in about 6 months and decided we do want a stackable washer dryer (not a combo) and was wondering if other owners had current brand/model recommendations (or warnings) other than splendide for a 5th wheel. Seems thats all we see around but was wondering for a standard closet set up other brands we might look at.
Thanks in advance for the input.
masdixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2018, 01:59 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We have Slendide stackable in our Class A. Before seeing them and using them I hoped for Whirlpool. Thinking they would be better.

Now we really like them and I hear of folks with Whirlpools complaining and wishing they had Splendide instead.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:03 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
We’ve had a Slendide for four years and the wife loves it.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:48 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Lightbulb Stackables

Do NOT consider Pinnacle units. Dryers are real cheap and will not hold up in a RV. Washers are ok.
mbedtelyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:08 PM   #5

We had Whirlpool Dryer LDR3822PQ1 and Whirlpool Washing Machine C7500VW1. We were very satisfied with them. Ordered thru Lowe's. Model numbers may have changed by now.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #6

We have ft for 3 years. The type o clothes we wear most are tech fabrics and wouldn’t be with out the convenience..We visit a large capacity about 3 times a year for heavy quilts etc..get what you need.
GBDTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:05 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Bosch make apartment size units that are stackable.
canman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 05:53 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
We had a Bosch Axxis stacked washer dryer set in our last motorhome and loved it. It was the best washer we've ever owned including the residential units in our home. We currently have a Whirlpool compact set stacked (one on top of the other) and my wife does not like this washer. So, I have been researching compact washer/dryers for some time now. The current crop of Bosh compact washers seem to be problematic and the dryers are now non-vented. Another caution for RV owners is even the Bosch washers are 220v and plug into the back of the Bosch dryer.

ALL of the new non-vented dryers get terrible reviews. I tried Craigs List to find an older (2006-2008) Bosch Axxis, but they are now worn out.

The top reviews are for a Meile compact washer, but we had a Meile dishwasher in our home that was constantly broken and I refuse to buy another one of their products. The Meile compact washer also has a $1999 list price!
The Electrolux compact washer model EFLS210TIW is second. It has all 4 and 5 star reviews online and does quite well in the online comparison tests.
The LG compact washer model WM1388 gets good reviews but is slower than some of the other models.
The GE compact washer model GFW1488SSLWW gets good reviews.
There is also a Samsung compact washer that does well, but it is 26.625" deep and may not fit in some RV cabinets.

If you haven't shopped for a compact washer lately, brace yourself as the prices have gone up.
I did some price shopping and found an Electrolux model EFLS210TIW compact washer at Sears for 40% off. It was a floor model. I picked it up yesterday and we installed it last night. It is made in Italy and so far works great. It is much quieter than any of our previous washers and is very smooth as it does not shake the motorhome on the spin cycle. It has several cycles including a blue jeans cycle, a steam cycle, a disinfecting cycle, a 20 min quick wash that works great, and on and on. One caution: I had read a ladies review that said to place your finger horizontally over the start button as it's problematic if you just tap it with your finger tip. She was right.

For now, we are not purchasing one of the new non-vented dryers. Meile has the patent on the heat pump dryer cycle, but I read it is expiring soon. We should see a new crop of heat pump dryers next year.

Link to a good review site:
https://www.reviewed.com/laundry/bes...ompact-washers

Hope this helps.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote