Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2015, 10:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
Replacing shocks is 4th on my priority list.
1. Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer.
2. Rear track bar
3. Front and rear Anti-sway Bars
Yes, I am now through Item 2 and following the same track. Had Koni FSDs on my sports car and will use them on my 2013 Itasca Sunstar 30T.

Was finally able to relax during driving with the 180 steering stabilizer. Huge difference! Free install at Camping World; but, could have installed myself.

And SuperSteer Rear Track Bar eliminates tail wag. Chose this over others due to its longer link design. Installed myself...A tad challenging...LOL

Bill
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2015, 09:04 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
I installed one on our Fleetwood Discovery 39R and no more white knuckle moments, why is this and the other common mods not installed as standard equipment? Some MOHO suspensions are dangerous at normal speeds and usual driving environments.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:37 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
I had a similar steering problem on my Adventurer 35U. I want to a highly recommended truck alignment facility to have Safety plus steering unit installed. They checked the alignment, caster and camber and rear axle alignment. Everything was out of specifications. After completely aligning everything, they ask me to drive it for a few miles, city streets, freeway, etc. When I returned they asked if I still wanted the other device installed. I said no, the difference was amazing
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:12 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have both front and rear Anti Sway bars and a shock type going Front to rear, not side to side. I want to get one but not sure which too get. A Tru center system or the Safety plus steering unit. Any one want to steer me in the right direction?
Thanks,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:32 PM   #19

I wish I could Tim, I'm having a Safe-T-Plus installed the last of April. I read up about TruCenter and SteerSafe, and think they are probably all good. I want to eliminate the 2-3 inch correction of play on my steering wheel. Hopefully I'm making the right choice. Goodluck to you...........
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:32 AM   #20

We went with the Safe-T-Steer a few months ago and love how it minimizes the wander issues of steering our 2013 Itasca Sunstar 30T.

Total cost was about $550 from Camping World installed ($550). I could have done it myself but CW did it for free.

Had I known about the much less costly Bilstein Steering Stabilizer at the time, I probably would have given that a shot. Cost appears to be around $200 with the bracket.

Otherwise, our mh is no longer a 'handful' with its current mods.

Bill
Old 03-14-2015, 06:30 AM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have seen the Bilstien one and I am happy with the 4 shocks from them so I might just go that route. If we go full time next year I might sell her.
Thank's
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:02 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Here's my story on the Safe-T-Plus. I searched for the best price and actually found it on Amazon ($362+$58 for the attachment kit). Got it a couple of days later in a huge box that was pretty near destroyed. At least everything was still in it. Jacked the coach up and followed all the directions and when done let the coach back down. Well, it bent the bracket that was attached to the Safe-T-Plus and also the eyelet on the STP. I called STP and told them what had happened and they said the bracket was an old style that they thought was off the market. They immediately sent out a new bracket kit (correct one) and a new STP- all at no charge to me and even though I did not buy it direct from them. They want me to send back to them the bent STP and bracket kit at their expense.
This type of customer service is hard to find now-a-days and I wanted to share it with all.
Oh, forgot to mention that the steering is a little firmer, which I feel is a plus, as I'm not driving a 4000# sports car, and the unit tracks straight down the road. Win Win
abrasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:45 PM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Had I known about the much less costly Bilstein Steering Stabilizer at the time, I probably would have given that a shot. Cost appears to be around $200 with the bracket.
Isn't the Bilstein unit simply a steering damper? Does it actually have a center position?
BeachDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:10 AM   #24

I just had the STP installed after all videos this Spring of blowouts, fires & accidents. My first reaction was that the steering really firmed up. Now feels more like a sports car than a motorhome. Very pleased with the results.
TheQuades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:30 PM   #25

I just purchased the Safe-T-Plus at the Winnebago GNR last week,and installed it myself the same day! I test drove the rig (on my way home) and found I needed to "fine-tune" the position,after 2 attempts I finally got it right!
I couldn't be happier with the results.....I feel it's worth every penny I spent,the steering is very solid,and neutral feeling....I highly recommend this product! ...Happy Trails guys!
tomrx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:55 PM   #26

Ditto!

And my then adding a track bar to stop the rear axle assembly from moving side to side was a significant plus too.

Bill