Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2017, 08:27 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
See level

Anyone have experience with this product?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2017, 11:26 PM   #2

Yes, I installed a SeeLevel 709 on my coach last year, works great (well did until I hit one of the sensors with a tool box and damaged it, now I need to install a replacement sensor). Installation was easy, I reused the old sensor wires from my 1/3, 2/3, full idiot lights, did the whole project in one afternoon, most of the time was spent building a mounting plate for it, to cover up the hole where the old factory panel was located.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:39 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Yes. I installed a system in a previous 5ver and my current coach came with SeeLevel from factory (2007 vintage). They are very reliable and measure in percentage increments.

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:06 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I put one in last year. Simple to install as I had ready access to our tanks. B&G were accessible in the wet bay and I only had to intercept one set of wires as the the sensors operate on a bus. Fresh water tank was under the bed and took a bit more work. I cut a new hole above my existing control panel for the SeeLevel panel and intercepted power and signal wires there.

Measure your tank heights before you order. I assumed on my fresh water tank and had to exchange 12 inch sensor for the 16 inch sensor they now make. Also you should test sensor locations before sticking them down. The zero reading is off on a couple of my tanks because I didn’t get location quite right. Grey tank reads 7% when empty, but it’s not anything to be concerned about.

They make a Bluetooth version now, but I’ve seen a few complaints about it in various forums. I’m quite happy with the wired version
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:21 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
See level

Mostly all I want is the gray n black. That will make moma very happy!
Old 11-21-2017, 06:43 AM   #6

I have installed SeeLevel II on two different motor homes. Best System I have ever had. Works in 6% steps which is a lot closer than the idiot lights. I think they have level three now that uses smaller steps. I would recommend that you get one.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
See level

Yes, I do plan on buying one, I only need for black n gray. Any suggestion?
Old 11-22-2017, 05:24 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgiebill View Post
Yes, I do plan on buying one, I only need for black n gray. Any suggestion?
Garnet Industries are manufacturers of the SeeLevel systems. I believe the 709 series would be best for your installation. Click here.

They usually have a booth up at most of the larger RVIA shows.

Do you need the water pump switch on the monitor? That would determine which model to purchase. The battery indication is pretty well standard as it requires a 12V supply. You could use the 2P system and dedicate the "fresh" water indication to grey tank and the other indication would be for black.

Your choice.

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:35 PM   #9

I installed one last year and it works great. I purchased mine at a FMCA rally at a discount but found a cheaper price online! So shop around.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 05:12 PM   #10

Another happy See Level owner. Works better than any other we've owned. We full time with 3 tanks plus fresh and no issues.