Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2017, 09:19 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Thumbs up Sewer hoses: Valterra Dominator is awesome!

Like most, I went with the Camco sewer hose. It leaked at the connection from hose to fitting, it's cheap, I didn't like it. I wanted something sealed, higher quality, I researched and picked up a Valterra Dominator 20ft. I highly recommend it!
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2017, 11:51 AM   #2

Are the ends removable? Reason I ask is to be able to get them into the hose storage pipes. I think the fact that the Camco are removable is why they leak.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:54 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
No. My coach has a dedicated bay for sewer hoses.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:23 PM   #4

I also have the dominator. I had to go and buy a cheap stage tote with lid when we got our new Bighorn. The sewer storage tube they put on won't accept the dominator fittings. Still rather that than those cheap sewer hoses!
Old 09-25-2017, 06:32 PM   #5

We spring for the Valterra Viper Hoses (a little more pricey than the dominators - but both are nice hoses), and they are great too. There are some good YouTube videos for both types. They fit in our hose carrier just fine. Added a second carrier to hold a second hose.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170520_191446.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	177836
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigattime View Post
We spring for the Valterra Viper Hoses (a little more pricey than the dominators - but both are nice hoses), and they are great too. There are some good YouTube videos for both types. They fit in our hose carrier just fine. Added a second carrier to hold a second hose.Attachment 177836
Are those hose carriers purchased or did you make them?
Old 09-26-2017, 02:19 PM   #7

The one on the left came with our toy hauler and is mounted underneath. The one on the right Is purchased on line from Amazon. Had to cut to fit. I removed a section in the middle and put back together with a rubber fitting from Home Depot because I wanted it to be the exact same length to fit. If I remember correctly, they are made by Valterra. The reason I took a piece out of the middle was the end caps were made on and I didn't want to lose or change the way the caps work.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:36 PM   #8

I use the camco rhino flex hose and i haven't noticed any issue with them. they seem quality built. I wont be using it a lot now that I got the sewer solution tho.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncledon View Post
I also have the dominator. I had to go and buy a cheap stage tote with lid when we got our new Bighorn. The sewer storage tube they put on won't accept the dominator fittings. Still rather that than those cheap sewer hoses!
Correction! While doing some other work under the trailer discovered the factory had installed the sewer storage tube so that it was squeezed and deformed which was the reason my hose wouldn't fit inside. All good now although the elbow piece still needs to be in the tote.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:42 AM   #10

I have been using Valterra Dominator hoses for 5 years now.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:07 PM   #11

I really like the Valterra Dominator. Two of mine are 4 years old and still in good shape. I probably carry too many hoses but always want a spare. I added two fence post mods that I carry two 10' in one and a 10', a 5' and 2'. You would be surprised how many times only the two or five is needed. When at Yellowstone Grizzly I had to use 30'.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:36 PM   #12

My sewer hose solution

I'm not familiar with the Dominator product, but here's what I just installed on our 5th wheel RV. https://youtu.be/HV-GvAh5cyg
Audioguy is offline   Reply With Quote