Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2016, 06:18 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRex45 View Post
This stuff reminds me of the guys with those stupid weather vein looking things on their sewer vents.

Not sure I would call any product stupid until I knew how to spell it.

weather vane
Ever had a problem, water in the traps getting sucked out?(I am guessing) when windows were open during traveling........ I am guessing not? So , I can safely guess you have never used/installed any of those "Weather Vanes"?
I had a problem , just as others had, installed them on the black and gray tank vents, problem ended!
How can you call something "Stupid" if you have no knowledge of it?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2016, 06:59 PM   #16

Ok my spelling was off. I don't travel with the coach windows open but do travel with the roof vents open. It would have to be a serious vacuum created to pull water out of the traps. I've owned travel trailers, a fiver, a C and an A and never experienced sewer odor from the p traps being dry.
bailiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:25 AM   #17
KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statgeek View Post
This is a product review for the "Sewer Sock," which I will refer to as SS in this review. I purchased this item outright with no contact or promotion from the manufacturer. I have no interest in the company whatsoever.

The SS comes in a couple of different sizes, and is designed to form a barrier between the outside world and the sewer compartment of your RV. Here is a picture of the product before it has been installed.
Attachment 122269

At first glance, it may not seem obvious how it works, so I will show the install. Note on this picture that there is a stiff ring on one end, and a Velcro strap on the other. The "sock" is made from metal screen material.
Attachment 122270

To install, you first need to insert the sock into the hole at the bottom of your sewer compartment where the hose normally exits:
Attachment 122271

Next, feed your sewer hose through the sock from the outside.
Attachment 122272
Attachment 122273

... And attach the hose as you normally would:
Attachment 122274

Now you need to tighten the Velcro strap around the hose itself:
Attachment 122275
Attachment 122276

And that's how the install goes. Note that gravity and tension are required for the stiff rubber ring to help to form the barrier on the inside of the compartment, but it's really simple to achieve. All you do is tug downward on the SS prior to tensioning the Velcro.

Overall, the setup added a maybe 1 minute to my usual hookup, so it's certainly an easy install. And the design seems like it should do exactly what it is supposed to do--keep out critters!

They make different sizes for smaller water or electricity size hose/wires too, but I don't have a need for those. This is their standard sewer hose size and it seems perfectly appropriate for the standard 3" gravity dump hoses.

There you have it!
How much?

KC
Old 05-10-2016, 03:44 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Depends on which size you get.

Here is their website:

http://www.sewersock.net/
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote