Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2019, 12:13 PM   #1

Shadepro Day/Night Roller Shades?

Does anyone here have experience with Shade Pro's Dual Day Night Roller Shades? I visited the factory today and the extrusions they are using are much heavier duty than what I saw in Quartzite for MCD and Irvine shade. No idea how the rest of the parts might hold up. Although I was told they have a 3 year warranty which is 3 times as long as the other two.

Let me know if you have any real world experience with their roller shade product. Thanks, Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2019, 12:05 PM   #2

Shadepro's are much less costly than MCD...are they built well?

BUMP

I am curious about this as well as the price is almost 1/3rd of what MCD charges...

Any one who has personal experience - please respond!

Steve
2008 Alpine 34 FDDS #75755
400HP Cummins ISL towing '15 Subaru Forester
steve940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:36 AM   #3

Steve, I ended up buying three of them for the bedroom. They are well made. But the issue I found with them is the day shade material conflicts with the screen side of the window. It causes what is called a moire effect that is pretty distracting/ugly on larger windows like those in the living/dining room. I worked with the guys at Shadepro and they acknowledged the issues and had me try a couple other dayshade materials but they made no difference. I just got back from 5 months traveling to Alaska so I do need to get back to them and see if they have found a better material. If not, I will probably be purchasing the rest from MCD shades. I visited our local la mesa rv and even the MCD's had a bit of the moire effect, maybe 5-10% of the SP's. The only RV I looked at with no effect at all were the Tiffin's. Their material was completely different than everyone elses and I could not detect the effect at all. My guess is Tiffin probably doesn't make sizes to fit my old bus. (But I will call them to ask) -Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
Old 11-27-2019, 09:14 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a few ShadePro items, Awning , Window Awning and Legacy window blinds (day/night). I like their products and their price. Track down Steve, the owner, good guy to deal with. I will purchase more of there products.
Petesflhtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesflhtk View Post
I have a few ShadePro items, Awning , Window Awning and Legacy window blinds (day/night). I like their products and their price. Track down Steve, the owner, good guy to deal with. I will purchase more of there products.
I talked with Steve the owner @ Escapade last spring. He said he had no other complaints about the day shade and was not prepared to do anything to change them.

After a month went by I talked to his staff and they wanted to fix it. But have not come up with anything, they had a couple of new samples of day shade but the difference in the moire effect was minimal.

So the experience with Shade Pro was weird, the boss wasn't willing to look into it, but his staff was. Not something I have encountered before. I did just call them back last week now that I am back from Alaska and they said they haven't made any progress on the issue, but are now well aware of it from many others.

So, I will be contacting MCD to do the rest of the coach, 7 windows up front.

Wife nixed doing those with Shade Pro's due to the wild effect the day shade makes. Oh well. -Bill
Old 12-11-2019, 04:35 AM   #6

Yesterday I bought MCD Duo shades thru

Camping World website. I saved 31% off the MCD prices. Turns out they give a decent discount to good sam members and they had a SAVE10 promo code that clinched the day for me.

MCD pricing $1525
CW w/ promo $1053

Excellent deal to me! And since the price was $472 less, that saved me $36.58 of sales tax here in San Diego!
Old 12-17-2019, 01:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesflhtk View Post
I have a ShadePro Awning, Window Awnings all around, and their Legacy day/night window roller blinds also. The price was much less than MCD. The service/installation was quick and professional. Good quality. I'm very happy. Would not hesitate to recommend.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneToTheDog View Post
I have a ShadePro Awning, Window Awnings all around, and their Legacy day/night window roller blinds also. The price was much less than MCD. The service/installation was quick and professional. Good quality. I'm very happy. Would not hesitate to recommend.
The MCD shades were only $158 more for the same 5 shades as Shadepro. As the DW would not allow the SP blinds I had to go with MCD. And Camping Worlds website made that possible. The CW website doesn't allow you to specify the Roll Spec or upper stop point. But I was able to call MCD sales and they changed the Roll Spec to the O style. MCD told me that camping world doesn't specify the Roll so everyone gets the C style by default. If you have the deep window valances like my Tiffin then the C style will not look good, more meant for windows without valences. -Bill
Old 12-19-2019, 02:58 PM   #9

I want to change over to the roller shades, but my problem is my Alpine has a 10 foot long window along the side.
I didn’t want to split it and have a gap between the two rollers.
GSPx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 05:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPx2 View Post
I want to change over to the roller shades, but my problem is my Alpine has a 10 foot long window along the side.
I didn’t want to split it and have a gap between the two rollers.

I'm not sure anyone goes past 98" long. Do you have a 120" shade now?

Maybe you could overlap them, not sure how that would look though. Geez, that is a big window. -Bill

PS. You might want to post a new thread asking what others do in this situation. Yours is kind of buried in this thread.