Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2018, 02:21 PM   #29

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge68474 View Post
Hi. Can I install these systems or does a pro have to do it.
I am becoming a Pro on my MH. Just haven't gotten paid yet, LOL.
Thanks.
Very simple to install the Pressure Pro. Plug it into 12v power and follow the directions. Screw a sensor on to a valve stem then wait for it to pick up the signal, then repeat.
L.R.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2018, 07:46 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge68474 View Post
Hi. Can I install these systems or does a pro have to do it.
I am becoming a Pro on my MH. Just haven't gotten paid yet, LOL.
Thanks.

I received my TST Kit and had the system up and running in about an hour. Very easy to do - the instructions are very easy to follow, plus technorv.com sent links to several "how to" videos.

Basically, you "set up" all of your caps to the monitor first (I had 10), which can be done at the kitchen table. Then you install them according to the wheel position you assigned them.

The only issue I had was the steer wheels and the tag axle wheels... I bought the caps with the anti-theft devices instead of the flow through model. You have to install them with a small tool that comes in the kit. The space near the valve stem was too tight to seat the cap on the valve stem with the tool. I had to go to Napa Auto Parts and buy 3/4" valve stem extensions to make it work. The dually wheels fit perfectly.

I also had to install the repeater to bring in the signal for the Jeep tires, which came with the kit. That was just a matter of putting in 2 screws to secure it and connecting two wires to 12 volts and chassis ground. Very easy to do.
LostDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:12 PM   #31

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I recently bought the Eez 10 sensor system. What I didn’t find out during my research is that they don’t recommend the flow thru sensors on toad tires due to their size. I wanted the flow thru for all the tires but somehow managed to get the anti-theft sensors that are difficult for me to get installed without allowing air out of the tires. My Smart Car only takes 29# in front and they are small tires. Removing the wheel covers helped.

I chatted with customer service and they are swapping out 6 of the anti-theft to Flow thru for the RV. I did not see mixed sensors as an option on Amazon. I wish now I had called and ordered directly from the company.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:44 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
I am waiting for some wisdom to appear here as well. I just purchased and installed 6 Alcoa forged aluminum wheels on my Winnebago Era and am interested in an aftermarket TPMS with stem mounted sensors. Are flow thru sensors advisable? What about locking sensors? What about signal boosters, is one necessary because of the steel body? Help?
604eholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:01 PM   #33

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604eholston View Post
I am waiting for some wisdom to appear here as well. I just purchased and installed 6 Alcoa forged aluminum wheels on my Winnebago Era and am interested in an aftermarket TPMS with stem mounted sensors. Are flow thru sensors advisable? What about locking sensors? What about signal boosters, is one necessary because of the steel body? Help?
I'd suggest you call each company's customer service and discuss your RV with them. Talk to the people who really know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:31 PM   #34

TST 507 non-flow thru. Purchased the system about 4 years ago, should have done it when we first bought the coach. Removed the anti-theft caps which makes the sensor a lot smaller. Upgraded to the larger color monitor which was easier to program than the older monochrome display. Plan on replacing batteries in the sensors yearly or get the 510 which has 5-7 year battery life but you have to send the sensors back to TST to get them replaced.

Don't care for the shorter wire on the new display, 3' vs 6', or the suction window mount. The back of the monitors connect differently so you have to use the new suction mount or modify the mount by using parts from both the old and new one. It's also USB which means you'll need an adapter for the 12 volt power supply.

It does drop signals from the back tires once in a while, doesn't seem to matter inner or outer duals. Might have to wire in a repeater. All in all though, I'm happy with the TST system.
snowman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:51 PM   #35

Nor'easters Club
RV Trip Wizard
Grand Design Owners Club
I am happy with the TireMinder A1A. Easy setup and seems to work.
2016 Chev Silverado 3500HD DRW
dck22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:12 PM   #36

There is no "best" anything or everyone would probably use the same thing...
Old 05-29-2018, 12:47 PM   #37
Commercial Member

Tire Monitors- what is the best

Many people will argue that theirs is the best. However, most don’t realize the TST System was originally designed for and marketed to the Commercial Trucking Industry long before these other companies even existed.

IMHO TST is the Gold Standard copied by all the others. And their Customer Service is the best.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:26 AM   #38

I had issues with false signals from random tire positions on our Tiffin Phaeton with the TST system until I added the repeater--no issues in over 2 years since. Additionally, I removed the anti-theft covers since it is very easy to remove sensors even with the covers installed without the special tool (none stolen in over 3 years and 35,000+ miles.)
3XACHRM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 06:06 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
There is no "best" anything or everyone would probably use the same thing...

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:04 PM   #40

I ordered a tpms off of eBay and yes its form china, should get it Friday. also ordered a flow through repeater. I didn't want the monitor on my dash or having to run a wire to it. this one fits in my cig lighter and pivots up so it will be easy to see this is for a crew cab with a 27 t/t both units cost 110.00. I hope it works ok.
Jay D.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote