RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
tire pressure monitoring system

I have had many problems with Truck System Technologies, Inc tire pressure monitoring system. mainly the monitor. this is my fourth one. it lasted about a month. now it has warning on each tire saying they are low. there are not. still has correct pressure in each tire and the monitor shows correct pressure. any one else having problems, I can't belive I'am the only one. Left a message for Dan. (again)

lillyputz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyputz View Post
I have had many problems with Truck System Technologies, Inc tire pressure monitoring system. mainly the monitor. this is my fourth one. it lasted about a month. now it has warning on each tire saying they are low. there are not. still has correct pressure in each tire and the monitor shows correct pressure. any one else having problems, I can't belive I'am the only one. Left a message for Dan. (again)
I've had mine for 2 carefree years. There have been some who have had problems ( what product doesn't have some ?) but most have been satisfied from what I can tell following all the threads on this subject. Dan has usually been responsive in the past. It is a holiday weekend as you know. You say you left a message again. When was the first? Anyway, good luck and I'm sure they will set you right

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have had the system for just over 2 years now. The only issue was with one sending unit that stopped transmitting. It was replaced without question. Great people tp deal with. Good luck.
fillbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
No problems here either.

Where do you have the low pressure warning set? I set mine to be 10% less then my desired pressure.

Not being one to trust technology until proven, I pulled the sensors once a month for the first 4 months to check tire pressure with my digital gauge. TST TPMS was always within 1 pound of the digital tire gauge.

Is it possible you are placing your monitor in an area that could be detrimental to the monitor? Not sure what that would be inside the coach, but 4 monitors, what are the chances you would have had four monitors go bad.

I keep mine on the dash above the backup camera monitor and next to the GPS.

Could it be the source you are plugging the monitor into? Do you have an alternate location you can plug into for power?
sdennislee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillbert View Post
I have had the system for just over 2 years now. The only issue was with one sending unit that stopped transmitting. It was replaced without question. Great people tp deal with. Good luck.
Same for me.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #6

A little over 2 years with my TST and no problems, love it.