Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2018, 09:56 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
TPMS Recommendations

We are looking at getting a Tire Pressure Monitoring System for the tires on our 2006 Class A Presidio. Any recommendations? Anything to look for and/or avoid?
JMaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2018, 10:59 PM   #2

I purchased a TST-507 TPMS system for our TT, and I like it. Much greater piece of mind than waiting on someone to pull up beside you waving and pointing behind you. I use the external sensors, have had to change out batteries one time on all four sensors over 2 years. We have four sensors, I believe the system can handle closer to 12 or 16 if necessary.
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:44 PM   #3

There are many systems and most are good. I too have the TST 507 system with 12 sensors using a repeater. What I like about TST is there excellent service.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:04 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum!

Here is a link to the over 12K previous discussions on the TPMS. I know that is a lot, but if you scroll through and pick 5 from this month you will have a lot of very recently posted information that you are looking for from a wider basis of knowledge.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22t...=11&gws_rd=ssl
Old 11-06-2018, 03:32 PM   #5

We also use the TST 507 system. Works well for us.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use the Tire Minder system. Great customer service.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Here is a link to the over 12K previous discussions on the TPMS. I know that is a lot, but if you scroll through and pick 5 from this month you will have a lot of very recently posted information that you are looking for from a wider basis of knowledge.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22t...=11&gws_rd=ssl

Good info...and everyone will tell you the brand they own is the best one. All I will add is any one is better than none.
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:11 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
FWIW, the newest version of SilverLeaf VMSpc engine monitor will be rolling out with an on-screen interface to the TST system.
VMSpc already interfaces with the PressurePro system.

small print: I have no affiliation with TST, PressurePro or Silverleaf.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:51 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Thanks, everyone. I am feeling more comfortable with my selection choices.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #10
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I use the TireTraker. Lifetime warranty!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:01 AM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use TST 507 flow thru on both RVs and find them good. I think any of the top rated units will work just fine, just what you like and its price point. Just get something!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:44 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
I ordered our Non-Flow Thru EEZ TPMS yesterday. We should be picking up the Grey MoHo from the Cummins Engine Mechanic today. We had them do an oil change on engine and generator check out all the insides. They said it is looking really good. Prior owners took good care of it.

We had new side and rear cameras installed and will setup the TPMS. Anything else you all can suggest as we drive her the 14 miles to ... Storage.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:48 AM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
TST 507. Agree, great customer service. If you are considering flow-thru sensors, you might want to reconsider. They are big and protrude a lot from the rims. In addition, the biggest reason to take off the caps is to measure pressure and the sensors do that for you!
Sbrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:46 PM   #14

We have:
TireMinder Smart TPMS - Smartphone Based Tire Pressure Monitor for RVs with 6 Transmitters
It is available from multiple vendors so shop for price.

I didn't want yet another outboard display. Although you still have two units that need 12V power. This one allows me to set up and monitor on my iPhone. Also, assignment and installation of monitors to tires is easy with my iPhone in my hand. The bluetooth connection works with the iPhone outside the motorhome.

I mounted the remote transponder (to receive rear wheel sensor data) in the bedroom on the wall above the Motorhome control panel and wired its 12V power direct from the panel inside the wall (I plug in the motorhome to shore power when sitting in the driveway). The transponder has a bright flashing LED on it so either mount it where that doesn't bother you or put black tape over it. The front (main) receiver is propped in our organizer sitting on the doghouse/motor hatch and is plugged into a USB outlet on the dash. The main receiver has a rechargeable battery but we just leave it plugged in during use.

We have had 3 false alarms over maybe 5 motorhome trips. A couple on pressure and one on temperature, when there was nothing wrong. On two of them, I had left the water pump on and it may have been due to Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) from the 12V pump motor. On another, I believe it was just a low battery in a sensor as the alarm condition went away upon changing that unit's battery.

Other than the false alarms, I have no complaints.

I changed the battery on one tire sensor so far in 2 years, but I should change them annually I guess.

The company sells new batteries and o-rings for $5.00 shipping and handling to those who register their units.
evofxdwg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms