Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #1

TPMS - Tire-safeguard vs others

I am about to order the Tire-safeguard system for my Holiday Rambler and toad. When I called Tire-safeguard about their system I found that their direct pricing is reduced 10% from MSRP. Additionally the rep told me that they will program the system so that it appears that all I have to do is to install the appropriate sensor on the wheels.

Before I order does anyone have comments about this system vs any of the several (TST, Pressure Pro, Tire Tracker,etc) that are out there?

Lee
ballard770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #2

I have the flow through connectors with TPMS. Over all, I like it better than pressure pro because ;
you can change the batteries instead buying new sensors
you can fill the tires without removing the sensor
And you can turn the system on to check air pressure because it is battery operated.

The tire temperature settings are proving temperamental and I have had to turn the system off because of false alarms. I still use the old pressure pro on the toad and will until the batteries give out.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I highly recommend the Tire SafeGuard TPMS.

I originally invested $700 in the Doran RV360 TPMS back in 2010. Over the 3 years of ownership I had numerous Lost Signal errors on one or two sensors at first then by the end there were 5 sensors giving me errors. I finally dumped it on eBay for $200.

After seeing the Tire SafeGuard at the California RV Show in Pomona back in October 2012 I called Dion, the sales and tech rep, in January 2013 who then came over to my rig and showed me everything about the system and actually installed it on my coach and car as an example.

It worked flawlessly right out of the box and came pre-programmed. I paid him on the spot and I am now a VERY happy camper.

I have used it for 4 different trips now and it has worked without any problems on each one. I now have a system that I can totally rely on and have total confidence in the information that I am receiving on the monitor.

As a side not, I bought all CAP sensors versus flow-through sensors. I feel that there are less problems using the CAP sensors versus the flow-through ones. Just my opinion.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV760-11.JPG
Views:	518
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	52259  
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:23 AM   #4

I just installed the tire-safeguard and I am really satisfied and impressed by the product and the assistance provided by Dion. I got 6 flow thru for the motohome and 4 caps for the Cr-v. Everything was set up with no tedious programming and I then called Dion with questions and he talked me thru the process to set min/max limits. I now have to learn how the pressure increases with freeway driving. It went from approx 95 degrees to about 115 degrees and then stayed stable for 100 mile. It will be interesting to monitor the pressure when the temp is 80 to 100 degrees.

The price was good and there was a 10% discount for phone orders.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #5

I just installed the tire-safeguard and I am really satisfied and impressed by the product and the assistance provided by Dion. I got 6 flow thru for the motohome and 4 caps for the Cr-v. Everything was set up with no tedious programming and I then called Dion with questions and he talked me thru the process to set min/max limits. I now have to learn how the pressure increases with freeway driving. It went from approx 95 degrees to about 115 degrees and then stayed stable for 100 mile. It will be interesting to monitor the pressure when the temp is 80 to 100 degrees.

The price was good and there was a 10% discount for phone orders.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #6

They all seem to be pretty much the same and say they are the best.... All in around the same price range too. Who really knows. I think you just need to pick one and run with it.

Have a look at what Hawkshead has. The thing I like about theirs is their "T-valve" that doesn't require flow-through sensors.

http://http://www.tpms.ca/PRESSURE-T...-PURCHASE.html

Also available from http://http://www.tvformyrv.com/hawk...toring-system/ except they don't have the T-valves in stock yet.
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #7

I have a TST TPMS with the flow through sensors and a repeater. The batteries can be changed on the sensors and I can sit at my computer desk and check my tire pressure/temperature. Can't beat the customer service. Do a search for TST TPMS. A lot of happy owners.

Trucking System Technology |TST Trucking Systems

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
The T valves referred to in a post above are available for any TPMS. That's why flow-through sensors are not really necessary if you want the convenience of not having to remove the sensor to install or check PSI of the tire.

Pana-Pacific Product Catalog: Sensor T-Valve Stem

T-Valve Stem T-Valve Stem [AAP20] - $7.99 : RV Fun Products - Best Prices - Shipping Included all Items!, Leading online rv supplier offering a wide range of rv products and accessories

This is for informational purposes only and does not mean that I recommend this product.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 12-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #9

Thanks for this info.! I googled T-valves and came up with nothing besides the Hawkshead ones.

The two you gave links for is for adding to an existing valve stem but the Hawkshead one replaces the valve stem. I'd rather replace the whole valve stem but that requires re&re of the tires.

Do you know of any feedback from users of either?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
The T valves referred to in a post above are available for any TPMS. That's why flow-through sensors are not really necessary if you want the convenience of not having to remove the sensor to install or check PSI of the tire.

Pana-Pacific Product Catalog: Sensor T-Valve Stem

T-Valve Stem T-Valve Stem [AAP20] - $7.99 : RV Fun Products - Best Prices - Shipping Included all Items!, Leading online rv supplier offering a wide range of rv products and accessories

This is for informational purposes only and does not mean that I recommend this product.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
The ones from Hawkshead would work great for a car but I don't think they would help the people who are driving the large coaches.

TPMS, TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEMS - T-VALVES, VALVES TPMS ADAPTERS

My recommendation is to use the CAP sensors and remove them to adjust the PSI. You have to remove a cap one way or another.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 12-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
The ones from Hawkshead would work great for a car but I don't think they would help the people who are driving the large coaches.

TPMS, TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEMS - T-VALVES, VALVES TPMS ADAPTERS

My recommendation is to use the CAP sensors and remove them to adjust the PSI. You have to remove a cap one way or another.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Totally agree
I to use the Hawkshead
Been on our unit for 4 years.
Also found that other names are being used for similar product.
I have an other brand sensor for spare that i bought on sale at CW.
But i was told at RV show they would not work, buy they do work.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #12

I use the TST 510 TPMS system. Have had no problems and am satisfied with the product,

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have used the Tire-SafeGuard system for about 5 years. Very happy with the system and tech support. No repeater required is one of the features that sold me.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
I bought the TST system because of the EXCELENT customer service I had heard about on this forum. It was very true, the best....

Dave