Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2018, 05:21 AM   #57

Tiffin Owners Club
VERY similar failure to ours. It appears that they have changed the recommendation to now leave the filter OUT when winterizing. I have not seen that but a few of the posts have mentioned it. I hope the zip tie fix works for
You as well as it did for us. I had 2 or 3 around the back of the tank and that did the job with no leaks, no trouble.
Enjoy your trip. We just completed a month long trip from NC to Las Vegas. We were heading to Mt. Rushmore but the unseasonably cold weather caused us to re route. Ended up seeing Arches, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Grand Canyon NP’s among with several nice state parks. Turned out to be a great trip. Good luck on yours.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2018, 04:27 PM   #58

I feel these defective and Truma should issue a recall. It is very convenient for them to blame on freezing. No way freezing caused these issues. I think the plastic weld so to speak is weak at that point and that is why they are breaking.
Step up Truma and do the right thing. Honor your product and make things right before coach manufacturers stop installing them
miamibill95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:17 AM   #59

Truma aqua go

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghbob View Post
Great review. many searches come up similar citing "flawless" operation - but we recently took delivery of a 2017 fleetwood 40G and the Truma seemed to heat water for only 10 to 15 seconds then went cold. Hot (or even warm) showers were not possible. With the unit turned on we noticed a "humming" sound in the BR that lasted 15-20 seconds then stopped briefly and repeated, constantly. We found the humming to be coming from the Truma unit and it stopped when we turned it off (both from inside or at the unit). Upon closer inspection I noticed that when the unit was "humming" there was a faint smell of propane coming from the vent at the unit each time it ran through the cycle. We have googled and cannot find another thread with this issue and wondering if anyone has had similar issues? We are currently in for warranty service and having it checked out by the dealer - and will post another reply when (if) the issue is diagnosed and remedied. thanks again for the post - and article.
I am having the exact same problem with a month old Truma Aqua Go. What exactly did they do to fix the problem?
tinseast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:40 AM   #60

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Humming

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinseast View Post
I am having the exact same problem with a month old Truma Aqua Go. What exactly did they do to fix the problem?
What I believe you are hearing is the Circulating pump.
If you have a factory installed Truma when you have the unit turned on outside and the Propane is also turned on then after a short delay you will hear the sound of the Circulating pump starting.
The unit's flow switch needs to see moving water to allow the Gas to light and heat the water. This allows you to have Hot Water in my case in less than 1/2 minute to any faucet. The pump will cycle as needed according to water temperature in the circulating line.
The unit will turn on Flame and Pump as needed to maintain the temperature in the circulated line.
I believe the Truma to be the best of the Demand water systems
Old 05-12-2018, 08:38 PM   #61

TRUMA

[QUOTE=tscarps;3616959]Having the same issue in our brand new 40D and scheduled a visit for the dealer early next week.[/QUOTE
Did you get the Truma problem fixed? What was the fix?
Old 05-13-2018, 07:53 AM   #62

Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE=tinseast;4185757]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tscarps View Post
Having the same issue in our brand new 40D and scheduled a visit for the dealer early next week.[/QUOTE
Did you get the Truma problem fixed? What was the fix?
We did get it fixed, however the tech that worked on it was not there when I picked it up and left no notes. It has worked well ever since.
tscarps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:26 PM   #63

Ford Super Duty Owner
Pressure Relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamibill95 View Post
I feel these defective and Truma should issue a recall. It is very convenient for them to blame on freezing. No way freezing caused these issues. I think the plastic weld so to speak is weak at that point and that is why they are breaking.
Step up Truma and do the right thing. Honor your product and make things right before coach manufacturers stop installing them
I dont believe that its a problem with a Plastic weld but is caused by water freezing. I haven't had a problem and maybe just lucky but I have found out that when draining the unit for winter I have to pull out on the pressure relief to fully drain all the water.
if I open the drain and let the water drain until it stops then pull out on the relief a lot more water will come out.
Just what I have found
Old 05-14-2018, 11:40 PM   #64

Send a message via Skype™ to RaySue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bompa13 View Post
I dont believe that its a problem with a Plastic weld but is caused by water freezing. I haven't had a problem and maybe just lucky but I have found out that when draining the unit for winter I have to pull out on the pressure relief to fully drain all the water.
if I open the drain and let the water drain until it stops then pull out on the relief a lot more water will come out.
Just what I have found
I don't believe my break was due to freezing. However after draining, removing the plug and replacing it again, it still broke. I will leave the plug out next winter. I still believe it is a very poor design. I have now heard of several cases of this. My dealer just told me another customer had his break and it was full of antifreeze.
RaySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:41 PM   #65

Ford Super Duty Owner
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySue View Post
I don't believe my break was due to freezing. However after draining, removing the plug and replacing it again, it still broke. I will leave the plug out next winter. I still believe it is a very poor design. I have now heard of several cases of this. My dealer just told me another customer had his break and it was full of antifreeze.
Anything man made can and will fail.
I will consider myself very lucky to this point.
If in fact it is a design flaw I do believe Truma will step up.
I am seeing their units in more rigs and believe they will not
want to go backward in their forward movement in the industy
Old 07-06-2018, 12:47 PM   #66

Send a message via Skype™ to RaySue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putter1 View Post
RaySue,
Did your tank fail or the lugs like in the pictures posted by miamibill95?
Our lugs failed and I used zip ties for a few weeks while we were on the road. It worked perfectly and I really believe it would still be working. I did have the unit replaced. Trauma paid for it except for the install. If it is rhrnligs I would try the zip tie field fix before I spend 2K.
We just returned from a 10,000 km trip to Alaska. I used zip ties to keep the filter/plug in place and it worked perfectly. I will be returning unit to Truma now that our long planned trip is over. Was told it could take 4-6 weeks and we did not want to put off our adventures in Alaska. The trip was wonderful.
RaySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:41 PM   #67

Quote:
I'm wondering if you've found resolution to the issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bompa13 View Post
What I believe you are hearing is the Circulating pump.
If you have a factory installed Truma when you have the unit turned on outside and the Propane is also turned on then after a short delay you will hear the sound of the Circulating pump starting.
The unit's flow switch needs to see moving water to allow the Gas to light and heat the water. This allows you to have Hot Water in my case in less than 1/2 minute to any faucet. The pump will cycle as needed according to water temperature in the circulating line.
The unit will turn on Flame and Pump as needed to maintain the temperature in the circulated line.
I believe the Truma to be the best of the Demand water systems
If you ever do find yourself without hot water remember that the unit does issue a fault code. Outside on the unit under the econ-off-comf switch is a LED that flashes in the event of a abnormal operation. In Comf. mode even with a fault and unit lock-out the circulation pump will continue to run, causing the whirling sound.

[QUOTE=tscarps;4186240]
Quote:
We did get it fixed, however the tech that worked on it was not there when I picked it up and left no notes. It has worked well ever since.
That's great but a shame the diagnosis went undisclosed.
J & J, DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali, 3500HD-Max, 4x CC, 8' DRW,
EZGo-TXT, Clubcar Precedent
MtnTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:01 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
I would call Truma direct and forget about CW. They have been very good to deal with in my experience.
^^^
Agreed.
Not only has our Truma Aquago been very reliable and efficient, any and all tech support has been prompt and reliable.
Be mindful that the units self diagnostics are also quite effective.

Another point of interest for those owners of the Aquago as well as all other water heaters. Poor water quality can take it's toll on your units efficiency. I'm talking about very hard water, and the build up of calcium carbonate in the heat exchanger.
With the Truma approved cleaning tablets the process is a rather easy annual procedure.

After 2.5 yrs of vigorous FT use, as much as I hate being a darn fan-boy, the Truma unit is probably one of the better pieces of equipment of it's type and application on the market.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:08 PM   #69

Truma aqua go

Truma still acting up. I keep it on ECO mode and will work as it should about 60% of the time. The rest of the time it will fail to light on the first try and the exhaust fan keeps running for about 30 or 45 seconds before it tries to lite again. The whole time the water is running. It usually lights on the second try but we have wasted a lot of water waiting for it to light. Any ideas out there?
I have talked with the tech line but they have no answers, 4 1/2 hours away from a service center.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:05 PM   #70

Quote:
Truma still acting up. I keep it on ECO mode and will work as it should about 60% of the time. The rest of the time it will fail to light on the first try and the exhaust fan keeps running for about 30 or 45 seconds before it tries to lite again. The whole time the water is running. It usually lights on the second try but we have wasted a lot of water waiting for it to light. Any ideas out there?
I have talked with the tech line but they have no answers, 4 1/2 hours away from a service center.

Typically second try huh? Well it would take three tries to lock out and throw a fault code 01 of no ignition detected.
The 30-45 sec. of burner blower is normal pre-purge and post-purge, between tries.

Like any internal combustion there needs to be a correct air / fuel mixture, then ignition. Ignition is proven by a probe. ECM throttles gas valve as need be.
Have you had any changes in your fuel supply, (source, quality)?
LPG regulator(s) ok? The unit needs 10-12 in. of water column. Try another gas appliance, (all three stove burners) ON. Note if the flames are nice and blue, tall enough? They shouldn't fluctuate when the WH attempts to light.

Call for heat: You should hear the pre-purge blower then a click of the gas valve solenoid, smell a faint amount of gas, then hear the tick, tick, tick, repeatedly of the igniter spark. No poof? Air fuel mixture may not be correct? [you might peck the gas valve (in front) with a screw driver handle] during the ticking portion. Could indicate a mechanical solenoid issue.

Unfortunately you'd have to pull the burner assy to inspect the spark electrodes, and flame prove rectifier.
You would also need a manometer for the test ports for gas valve pressures.
A mobile RV, heating tech or could check those.

If it gets progressively worse with same symptoms, could be the burner assy. Which is replaced as a unit.

I have a service bulletin that can assist if needed.

Tags
heat, heater, water, water heater