Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #15

Tire Tracker System

I have ordered one, including transmitters for the toad tires. There is a very unfavorable report on the system in iRV2, but I have read good reviews elsewhere. I'm buying from Camping World. They are good about taking stuff back if it isn't satisfactory.

I'll post a review when we hav installed and used the system.
wileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I think i'm in this thread all ready? 507 is the replacavkle battery system? I have one. I love it. I need to remember to buy some more batteries, they do not last forever.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My 507 system is awesome. No problems at all and I love the small, light sensors with user replaceable batteries. I upgraded from the 510 system (older system with non-user replaceable batteries) which I didn't like as well.

I especially like that I was able to remove the theft protection system which results in a much smaller sensor that is easy to take on and off with my fingers.

No problems with the 507 display either.
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Trading in my TST 510 system for the new 507 with internal sensors. I like not having to remove the sensor to adjust tire pressure and certainly no concern with theft.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #19

With the 507 if you are towing a late model toad that has its own tire pressure system built into the vechicle can you just screw on the 507 units to the toad valves to be able to monitor from your MH using the 507 or is that not to be done?
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2011 View Post
With the 507 if you are towing a late model toad that has its own tire pressure system built into the vechicle can you just screw on the 507 units to the toad valves to be able to monitor from your MH using the 507 or is that not to be done?
Our toad is a 2005 Honda Pilot with its own tire pressure system. The TST sensors work on it just fine.
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Trading in my TST 510 system for the new 507 with internal sensors. I like not having to remove the sensor to adjust tire pressure and certainly no concern with theft.
SDennis,
I'm confused by your statement about not having to remove the sensor to adjust tire pressure. The 507 sensors (at least the ones I have) still have to be removed to add or remove air. Can you clarify?
Thanks
Old 04-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Their new internal sensors which work with the 507 monitor are mounted inside the tire on the valve stem.

THey were just released in March

Scroll to the bottom the their page in the link below to read about the new style sensors.
http://www.tsttruck.com/Product_List.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	807f81da0b14c661c617b3ccc68f2033.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	20321  
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well will you look at that! I wasn't aware that these existed.

The problem with internal sensor of course is that you have to unmount the tire to install or service them. However, if the advertised 7 year life really holds up that would probably not be a problem.

The ability to fill through the sensor and not have anything outside the tire is a very nice feature. I think some of the other internal system strap to the inside of the wheel.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
After having 4 out of six external sensors fail, there's no way I'd bury these inside a tire.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Hubrich View Post
Jim Sanderson-

Just a thought-

When we had a place on the Atlantic Coast some years ago, I'm reminded of an 'ole fellow who did electrical work on our deck lighting.

He smeared "Vaseline", yes pure petroleum jelly, over all his tie in points! He claimed he never ever had a salt corrosion problem again. We always kidded him about what he was doing under the deck with a jar of Vaseline.

I've always used it on my battery (s) connections.

Since I read of your experience I will add vaseline to my sensors on the valve stems as I service my tires.

Well, I'm from the East Coast too, and yes, I keep a jar of vaseline in my tool box.

Lucky now, I just retired so I will be leaving before the snow and salt next season, but I am "keeping" my vaseline in my toolbox. I intend to buy tire pressure sensors, the petroleum jelly should protect these from corrosion.
RV1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #26

At $80 a pop for the internal sensors, I believe I'll wait until their competition forces the price down. Has anyone used the internal sensors on run flat tires. I'm a little concerned TST didn't take them into account when they say it will fit any tire no matter how small or large. (I'm assuming run flats have thicker sidewalls, and therefore might intrude into the area needed by the sensor.)
Rubix cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #27

iRV2 No Limits Club
Having seen the video on the new flow through sensors, I would prefer the older non flow through style because they don't stick out quite as much and and are theftproof, unlike the new sensors. I flat don't like the new internal sensors.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote