Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #1

Tst 507 tpms

I just installed my new 507, 10 tire, TST TPMS. One sensor didn't work at first, but a slight adjustment to the valve core fixed that. The range is great as I can monitor my tires from inside the my stick house.

It came with a base mount that the monitor sits in and double sided tape, an optional suction cup mount(no charge), cigar lighter power cord and a hard wire cord. I used the hard wire option and Velcro'd the display unit to the left of the odometer at the bottom of the dash display. I only have about an inch of power cord showing(I'm a stickler about that). I wired it to a spare terminal on a fuse block that has +12V power in the Ign/Acces key position.

I can hear the beep tone, whereas on my previous unit I couldn't. It was at a frequency that I can't hear. I like the size of the monitor and the display numbers are easy to read. It flashes each tire constantly and moves to the next tire every 5 seconds or can be moved manually and stays at the selected tire for 10 seconds.

Cons: You have to step through the pressure and temperature settings instead of holding the button to scroll through rapidly and the background color can't be changed. The light blue color is just fine, though.

The TST TPMS is just what I was looking for in a compact unit that is easy to hear and read. If you have an older unit, you can get a 15% discount as a trade-in. Call and talk to Abby, She'll set you up. No affiliation with TST.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
I'm a little bummed out by TST, In July I bought a system, they did not have the system with the replaceable batteries so they talked me into buying the older model with the promise I could swap it out at no charge when they got some in.

Well I've called 3 times and I get the same story "out of stock"
I'm stating to feel swindled.
Mafiaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #3

I got the 507 with 10 replaceable battery sensors in a little over a week. Call Abby or Dan, the owner. Maybe they don't have the sensors that are not part of a complete system.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I went with the TST 510 system. SO far all is fine except temps. It reports sensor temp not tire temp. Tires are 103 sensor shows 78. Still I like knowing the pressure. I use an infrared thermometer for temp anyway.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Put mine on in april,It has save me from bigger damage twice. Both times it was the temp alert or in one case a higher temp on one tire that warned me of problem.It is true that the temp is the air around,not the tire,but if you see a big def,check it out. Both of my problems were brakes,and more damage would have occured if not alerted by sensors. The air preasure also went up with higher temp,but not high enough to set off alarm.
Bill
Old 10-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #6

One thing I don't like is the pressure settings. My TST will only go down to 101 PSI for the high pressure setting. I run 85 PSI and 15%(recommended PSI setting) would be 97.75 PSI. That's close enough. The low PSI setting is just within my limits also. I left the temp setting as is, but may try to play with it to see how low I can go.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird23 View Post
Put mine on in april,It has save me from bigger damage twice. Both times it was the temp alert or in one case a higher temp on one tire that warned me of problem.It is true that the temp is the air around,not the tire,but if you see a big def,check it out. Both of my problems were brakes,and more damage would have occured if not alerted by sensors. The air preasure also went up with higher temp,but not high enough to set off alarm.
Bill
Agreed, I just don't take the temp as absolute tire temp but do watch for changes in temp. I set my temp alert at the lowest setting of 157 degrees F hoping that will tell me when the tires are approaching 175 or so. I still use my infrared thermometer when I stop.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #8

Has anybody noticed a Temp or Pressure change between the inner and outer rear tires? As in, do the inners normally run hotter than the outers? Say I set both the rears to 85. Do the inners heat up more or less than the outers?

Old 10-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Dunner - no, my duals respond the same to pressure/temp increases/decreases.

I too had a problem with setting the pressures. Called Abby at TST and she told me how to make the receiver do what you need it to. Sorry CRS has struck again & I don;t remember exactly what she said!

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #10

With the tolerances of the sensors and the monitor, I am think I am within limits.

On my first 200 mile trip yesterday, my pressures went up ~13 PSI. The tire temperatures went up from ~75 to ~ 98°. Does that sound about right?

Old 10-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Sounds about right to me.

Mark

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #12

Good to know. Thx.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #13

Dunner,
It will adjust lower, as Doc Mark stated. I hate it when this computerized stuff outsmarts me and I have to call my Grandson to come and show me how it operates. I have the 510 RV system, the only difference I see is the sealed sensors, which last (I'm told) about 7 years. The replaceable batteries last about 18 months according to the mfgr. That can be greatly extended if the batteries are removed when parked/stored.

For complete information and ask questions of the company owner, go to the TST System thread.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #14

My understanding is you just have to remove the sensors during the off season. No need to remove the batteries.