RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:14 PM   #71

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow, very bold statement to claim those who make a different choice than you are too picky or even cheap. I may be picky AND cheap but have been pleased with the EEZ RV system. Never owned TST so can't comment on them. EEZ RV was easy to set up, easy to read the monitor, signal is strong and consistent and the warnings are clear and easy to understand. C. Martin above mentioned his TST wrench scratches his wheels and that has been my experience with the EEZ RV anti theft wrench also. Need to be careful when using it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2017, 02:06 PM   #72

If I could amend my post I would delete the last sentence. I was not intending anything offensive.
My apologies

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:29 PM   #73

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you meant no offense then I won't take any. It's all good with me. I like to come here and get people's honest opinions and experiences and I think everyone benefits from objective information, both good and bad.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:05 AM   #74

Winnebago Owners Club
it has taken me a while to decide but I am gong with the EEZ system....anyone know of any deals or coupons out there...it seems like buying direct is the best option but they do offer deals and coupons Im told....thanks
TheBelchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:41 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBelchers View Post
it has taken me a while to decide but I am gong with the EEZ system....anyone know of any deals or coupons out there...it seems like buying direct is the best option but they do offer deals and coupons Im told....thanks
EEZ recently had a deal to include a free booster, give them a call and see if you can still get it. My rig works fine without one.
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:24 AM   #76

Smile Go Eez Tire Go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigls2 View Post
If you meant no offense then I won't take any. It's all good with me. I like to come here and get people's honest opinions and experiences and I think everyone benefits from objective information, both good and bad.
I did an exhaustive search (just ask my wife) of TPMS's and compared all of the popular models in use today. In the end I chose to go with the Eez Tire system and couldn't be more satisfied. The only slight initial challenge I had was the set up process which at first can seem somewhat confusing to those like me who know just enough about electronics to be dangerous.

I found the best way to get it going with the least amount of frustration was to read the Instructions several times (yes...very difficult for me to admit to being a "typical MAN") AND I also went online and viewed a couple of "Installation Videos" several times so by the time I opened the box to do the install it was like I had done it many times before...NO PROBLEM!!!

I went with the NON-flow through sensors and Removed the Anti-theft portion of the sensor. NOTE...If someone needs my sensors that bad OR just to cause mischief, then so be it!!! I'd rather have a missing sensor than a sliced tire or worse...jus' sayin'..........

All sensors work perfectly...I have a 37 foot 5er and do not have the booster. I've had absolutely no issues in getting my signal on or off the road, they work flawlessly. I can run the system with the 5er attached to my diesel pick-up alone without a problem also. Regardless of which tire is being reported on on the screen the alarm will sound should any preset limits be exceeded. I tried this by unscrewing the sensor from the valve stem to add a couple pounds of air.

In addition, I am much more relaxed driving as I "know" exactly where I stand with tire conditions as I drink my coffee with my cruise set between 62-65 mph in the truckers lane..."LIFE IS GOOD"!!!

Finally, I also am learning much about how tires react to different road conditions and temperatures as far as Pressure and Temps go. The well-being and comfort of having this tool has helped both my blood pressure and heart rate drop a bit...should've done this YEARS AGO!!!

Finally, I am in no way associated with Eez Tire NOR have I been compensated for this..."BUT I SHOULD BE"!!!!!!!!!!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:35 AM   #77

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey Wundurtaker, I run the EEZ RV Tom's also but do use the antitheft covers. What is your concern on "sliced tire or worse". Just wondering what problem you foresee that I've missed.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:47 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigls2 View Post
Hey Wundurtaker, I run the EEZ RV Tom's also but do use the antitheft covers. What is your concern on "sliced tire or worse". Just wondering what problem you foresee that I've missed.
Just saying that if they can't get the sensors off they may opt for other damage...just to show you a thing or two! Hence the sliced tire or something else...our world is not what it once was! I fear for my children and grandchildren...and YOURS!!!

Old 06-30-2017, 07:02 AM   #79

I own a TST 510 - 10 sensor system. I had a lot of problems in the beginning. Sensor batteries were dying long before their warranty. TST replaced them, but the replacement sensors also failed. Dan asked me to send the entire system back so he could set it up. I sent the system back, Dan set up the system and returned it to me. I still had sensor issues. When I called to report the problems I spoke with a woman that I had an older sensor and that TST would replace it. I had more issues with sensors. I called to have them replaced but was told that my system was out of the warranty period, but they would replace them one more time.

In May we were on vacation traveling on I-40 eastbound in Knoxville, TN. We had a catastrophic blowout in the drivers side inside dual tire. The system gave me no warning of low tire pressure. As a result, we incurred nearly $5,000 in damages to our coach.

Needless to say I am very unhappy with the product. I will continue researching TPMS systems until I find a system that is more reliable and has a quicker response time.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:22 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by randco View Post
I own a TST 510 - 10 sensor system. I had a lot of problems in the beginning. Sensor batteries were dying long before their warranty. TST replaced them, but the replacement sensors also failed. Dan asked me to send the entire system back so he could set it up. I sent the system back, Dan set up the system and returned it to me. I still had sensor issues. When I called to report the problems I spoke with a woman that I had an older sensor and that TST would replace it. I had more issues with sensors. I called to have them replaced but was told that my system was out of the warranty period, but they would replace them one more time.

In May we were on vacation traveling on I-40 eastbound in Knoxville, TN. We had a catastrophic blowout in the drivers side inside dual tire. The system gave me no warning of low tire pressure. As a result, we incurred nearly $5,000 in damages to our coach.

Needless to say I am very unhappy with the product. I will continue researching TPMS systems until I find a system that is more reliable and has a quicker response time.
Seems like this topic gets exhumed on a monthly basis and we all go around the same block..."round n' round we go..."!

All I can say is that after an exhaustive research program, I settled on the Eez Tire System for 8 sensors for my 5er and Diesel TV. I now have about 2, 000 miles under me using the system and it's worked extremely well for me without any issues at all. I get continual readouts of Pressure and Temp on all 8 wheels and can use the system on the TV alone when my 5er is relaxing on a nice pad next to the lake. I think I paid about $489 for the 8 sensor unit.

So....this is what I've done and yes I would buy it again. The battery operated Monitor that I've attached Velcro to for sitting on my dash works great and I just charged it for the First Time since I got it...battery life is unreal so far.

In the end, do what you feel is right for YOU...I did and I'm satisfied!!!

Old 06-30-2017, 11:58 AM   #81

I have had a TST for about 8 years, 1 sensor early on ate batteries it was replaced.

Last weekend the alarm went off on high pressure, checking temperature on the alarming sensor showed 145 degrees with others sensors @ 100. Pulled over hit the caliper with laser gun and it was 300, let it cool continued to my destination about 20 miles away, changed the caliper in the campground before leaving.

I can't leaving home without them especially towing a trailer, no more crazy ivans looking for flats.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:07 PM   #82

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I am in the market for a replacement system now. we currently have a Tire Minder (older model, labeled INNOTECH, purchased in 2014) that has been a nightmare with false alarms, NO SENSOR alarms, In the middle of the night the alarm goes off one rear inner tire 250PSI over inflated...HUH? when I parked it I had 118 in it. It also chirps whenever the coach is bumped, or you open or close a door that rattles the coach, very annoying!
Still kicking myself, sold the last coach with Pressure Pro and never had one problem with the system, should have pulled it out .

I want a system that can be hardwired, no rechargeable hand held unit, I do not want flow through sensors and replaceable batteries in the sensors are a must.
Anyone have a system that works like pressure pro with sensor batteries that are replaceable? I'd purchase another Pressure Pro if the sensors had replaceable batteries.
jleamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:26 PM   #83

EEZ sensors are user friendly......change your own batteries
Old 07-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
EEZ sensors are user friendly......change your own batteries
In addition the EEZ comes with a hard wire kit. Another nice feature is when I remove a sensor I get an immediate alarm so if I was to lose a sensor while driving or the valve fails I will get an alarm, not within minutes, but immediately.
I don't use flow through sensors, I use the cap ones...they are smaller and lighter. I only needed to remove the caps once since December to top up a couple of tires down a pound.
I am extremely pleased with the reliability of my EEZ-Tire system.

My only complaint is the minimum and maximum pressure setting for the toad all have to be the same. For most toads this is not an issue but I use a dolly that has 80 lbs in the tires while the toad rear wheels are 35. My work around was to configure the dolly as a tag axle and only configure 2 wheels on the toad...maybe someday they will provide for the toad axles to be programmed separately.

Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure