Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2019, 06:10 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Water filtration

Our classic Anthem has 1 water filter for the coach. We have been thinking of adding 2 more filters, one 5 micron and either a .2 micron or a charcoal filter.
Has anyone done this? Any recommendations or suggestions? Any good companies to look at?Thanks in advance.
soundsuperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2019, 06:34 PM   #2

Visit rvwaterfilterstore.com - their "Essential filter Kit" is all you need for prefilter. I also have a .5 micron carbon block under my sink attached to the drinking water spout (and Ice maker) - we live off our fresh tank and filter water into it.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:18 AM   #3

I concur with RKins, I do the same thing.
05 Dolphin #5342
Chuck Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:30 AM   #4

Agreed, we use the 10" .5m carbon blocks for whole coach. We also use a large capacity R O membrane. 4x21" can fill the 100 gal. holding tank overnight when required.
I purchase our components from this outfit, prompt and good prices providing you know what you're looking for.

https://www.wateranywhere.com/
J & J, DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali, 3500HD-Max, 4x CC, 8' DRW,
EZGo-TXT, Clubcar Precedent
MtnTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnTrek View Post
Agreed, we use the 10" .5m carbon blocks for whole coach. We also use a large capacity R O membrane. 4x21" can fill the 100 gal. holding tank overnight when required.
I purchase our components from this outfit, prompt and good prices providing you know what you're looking for.

https://www.wateranywhere.com/
What did you do for a switch? Looking for a float switch that I can install int he tank for automatic on/off.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:59 PM   #6

I had 1 filter then 2. I tried the Charcoal filter which remove the Chlorine, which was a big mistake. With the Chlorine missing I got odors from the fresh water. I'm now back to one filter for sediment, and no odor. I just don't trust advice from a company that would prefer you by more of their products. ???
Old 02-22-2019, 04:33 AM   #7

I think that unless you're filling from a municipal water source, you won't have any chlorine in the water. If you are filling from a municipal source then I would leave the .5 micron carbon in when filling the tank and then if you want the chlorine for disinfecting, you could remove the carbon filter from the last canister, put a cup of chlorine in the empty canister and turn on the supply to pump it into your tank. The .5 micron carbon removes more than chlorine, so let it do it's job and then add chlorine.

A lot of people just use the "city water" connection directly into the plumbing and don't use the fresh tank - then the dual filters would benefit them. Or if you're filtering well water into your fresh tank the dual filters would work fine.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:58 PM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We use the Camco blue in-line filter at the spigot to get rid the the larger stuff, and a .5 (1/2) micron carbon block filter under the sink with separate faucet that we use for drinking and cooking.
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:30 PM   #9

Check out https://www.discountfilterstore.com/ - I opted for the Rio 2000 ceramic filter (with a typical sediment filter in line before it). Filters out lots of organisms, etc. ST

2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P, 1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC, 1989-1993 Tents!
Loggenrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water