Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2019, 07:12 PM   #15
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I’ve been using the TST 507 for ten years it does exactly what I want it to do. I upgraded the monitor to the color monitor two years ago and I love it. They also have great customer service.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2019, 07:20 PM   #16

I have used Tire SafeGuard successfully for about 6 years now. The 1 man customer service is sometimes hard to get ahold of, but the system and parts are available on Amazon. Also the batteries, CR 1632 are easy/cheap to replace.
https://www.amazon.com/Sensor-Truck-...s%2C267&sr=8-3
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 01:11 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Two features I look for are user replaceable batterues in the sensors, and the capability to check tire pressures without a tire roll. I want to be able to use it during preflight.

I dont like flow through sensors - slow to fill through and more mechanism to leak. I dont use locks, they make the sensor difficult to remove. And in many years I've never had one stolen... Just use regular sensors and treat them as a oversized valve cap.

Also get the repeater/amplifier. May be needed. Will increase the communications reliability in any case.

The toad is very important. Else you don't know of a problem until someone flags you down. And wheel and possibly other damage is done.

I've used a couple systems. Currently a TT-500 system. I find it effective, easy to set up, and great tech support from the company. Plus a lifetime warranty.

IMHO. YMMV.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 08:53 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
TST w/10 507 sensors. 6 years and going strong. I did upgrade to color monitor.
NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA 455593, WIT 170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 09:13 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Using TST with color monitor and even with a couple of shortfalls, I really like it. Shortfalls are the monitor needs to be brighter as it is difficult to read in daylight and you cant leave it plugged in to power all the time.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:18 PM   #20

Is there any way to incorporate one of these TPMS systems into a multifunction display? Once you have sat radio, TPMS, Garmin or similar nav system, back up camera display, etc, you have all sorts of screens propped up all over the place. The cockpit looks and is cluttered and disorganized. I was thinking about putting the Silverleaf program on a small tablet and devising a nice looking permanent mount for it somewhere. Can I get the TPMS information on there or does their supplied monitor need to be used? Has anyone done something like that?
Doug427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 09:03 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC21 View Post
Using TST with color monitor and even with a couple of shortfalls, I really like it. Shortfalls are the monitor needs to be brighter as it is difficult to read in daylight and you cant leave it plugged in to power all the time.

So the color monitor is hard to read in sunlight too. The older non color one was almost impossible to read. I would have a flashlight to shine on it! That’s too bad , I was hoping it was better.

Also can you tell me why it can’t be powered up for a sustained time!
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 09:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug427 View Post
Is there any way to incorporate one of these TPMS systems into a multifunction display? Once you have sat radio, TPMS, Garmin or similar nav system, back up camera display, etc, you have all sorts of screens propped up all over the place. The cockpit looks and is cluttered and disorganized. I was thinking about putting the Silverleaf program on a small tablet and devising a nice looking permanent mount for it somewhere. Can I get the TPMS information on there or does their supplied monitor need to be used? Has anyone done something like that?

Apparently there are a couple that will integrate with the BlueFire system!
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 05:06 PM   #23

I upgraded to the new style TST monochrome monitor. No trouble reading it.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:22 PM   #24

An ATTABOY here. I tow a Jeep Wrangler using a BlueOx tow system and control its brakes using an RVI Brake - into which I included their Tire Pressure Monitoriing Sytem. Six for the coach, four for the Jeep. It's been faultless except for the last 2 trips when the right front did not update, at all. I was very disappointed and use this system as a way to increase my peace of mind as I travel. The system has worked for nearly a year in all conditions from rainy flooded Florida to rought/dusty Alaska for 16K miles.
I called RVI Brake, told them about the failure to update and they advised they were sending me an entirely new set for replacement! Wow! A couple of questions by RVI about when I purchased the system and they advised that around April or so of 2019 they made some changes, my symptom is consistent with others purchased in the same time period, so replacement was appropriate. I'll need to send the existing set back when I get the new ones.
No hassle, no blaming someone else, no putting me off, just an apology for the units failing and a promise for a new set.
I've been super impressed with the RVI system. It takes 1 minute to hook-up on travel days. I use a jump-start battery to power it and the battery powers the brake system for 3-4 travel days without needing recharging. The TPMS monitors pressure and temperature in both vehicles.
ATTABOY RVI. This experience shows I made the proper decision after all my research.
Bob '14 Winnebago 37F Adventurer: Jeep toad.
bobfrommaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:40 AM   #25

We bought the TST in 2012 when we went fulltime for our motorhome and toad. Moved that system over to our a new motorhome in 2014 and then into our current 5th wheel. Have always been happy with it.
About 8 months ago I guess because of being in the heat so much the monitor did have issues but I was wanting to switch to the new color monitor anyway which I ordered 3 days ago and is on it's way.
I have only needed to call them twice but when I did they always offered great customer service.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:22 AM   #26

I only have experience with the TST 507. I bought the kit with 6 pass through sensors for the MH, color monitor and repeater. We later added a Toad to our travels and I added 4 cap sensors for the toad and one cap sensor for the MH spare tire.
Both type of sensors came with extra screws and O-rings.
The monitor is difficult to read in bright daylight with my polarized sunglasses on. I think this is due to the overhang of my Class C house shading my dash and the monitor dimming the brightness because of the shade. However I don’t look at it much and expect the alarm to let me know of a pressure or temperature issue.
I did not install the repeater as the toad signals were functioning.
To the question of why don’t leave the power cord plugged in all the time: The manual says not to, something about overcharging the batteries is bad for the batteries. I find the color monitor covered me for at least 12 to 18 hours of runtime between charging.
The sensor batteries are user replaceable.
One sensor O-ring pushed into our toad valve stem. I couldn’t add any air to that tire until I noticed, then removed the O-ring.
The monitor does not start displaying tire pressure immediately upon power up of the monitor. The sensors wake up after a few minutes.
Help this info helps.
If I had to buy a new TPMS today, I would not hesitate to go TST again.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:16 PM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
About 8 years ago, as best as I can recall, I had the TireTracker; it required some time once you got rolling to start reading the pressures & temps. Then I got the TST as it would read the info without having to get rolling. But the color monitor is next to impossible to read in the sunlight.

Just upgraded to the TireMinder I10. It is suppose to be available in March but they had them for sale at the Tampa RV Super Show. Nice & easy set up, can see all 4 fifth wheel tires temps or pressures at a glance with having to wait for some silly rotating, delayed readout.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:42 AM   #28

Purchased the TST 507 series cap model last summer. Simple system, easy on / off. Color monitor is a nice, newer addition. System comes with range extender, but we have not had to use it (35" class A and Jeep toad) - all reads well. My only gripe about the system is the the monitors tend to read a few pounds lower than tire gauge readers, and when t comes to having to replace the batteries, I have not been able to find a small enough screwdriver to remove the screws (assume it is a jewelers type crosspost or Reed & Prince screw head)
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monitor, tire pressure