Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2019, 09:33 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
My bike

I bought a 2017 Specialized Roll Sport and added a BBSHD mid-drive kit from Luna Cycle.
1500watts.
52volt-13.5AH battery.
Thumb throttle and fully programable pedal assist.
Over 900 miles with no issues. I cruise at 25mph and top out at 33mph.
These kits can be mounted on many, many bikes. It took about 7 hrs to install.
Rides well on a Thule T2 rack.
See- www.lunacycle.com. or www.electricbike.com -for more info.
Regards, Mike
Seymour2Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2019, 01:55 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Check out Surface 604 Bike Company out of Vancouver, BC. Price is $1899. What a blast, indeed. I love my Colt. Takes the place (mostly) of the toad.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:53 PM   #17

We have two Radrovers from Radpower bikes love them. Great bikes.
Serial #10378
Metalbendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:46 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post
We bought Rad Power Bikes after a heck of a lot of research. Evelo is another very good brand but we couldn't justify the extra $1000 per bike.

If you are going to look into them I would suggest making sure the bike has both pedal assist as well as a throttle. Huge difference having the pedal assist.
$1000 per bike?? That is too much. Is that for ebike or power bike?
frobet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:57 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
How do you carry them? They are darned heavy to lift and exceed the weight rating of most bike racks.
No not really, it depends on the bike and rack. Our Kuat bike rack is rated at 40 lbs each bike (2 bikes) and our Trek e-bikes weigh 40 lbs each without battery. I have to lift the bikes about 2 ft to load them on the rack. So far I can do this easily, time may come when I'll have to have my wife help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Ok. What are good brands?
Trek & Giant are 2 well known bike makers that sell e-bikes along with a bunch of other less well known.
When purchasing an e-bike you really do get what you pay for.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:55 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
How do you carry them? They are darned heavy to lift and exceed the weight rating of most bike racks.
My wife has a RadPowerBike Step-Thru (love this thing) and I have a modified recumbent (Sun EZ Classic SX) with a hub motor (she calls it my two wheeled motorized wheelchair). Together these weigh just under 60lbs each (without their batteries).

I carry both of these on the back of the Bounder with a Hollywood Rack I bought from etrailers.com. There are several Hollywood racks, get the one for e-bikes and make sure it's the one approved for the back of RV's.

Not everyone's racks are approved for e-bikes (heavy bikes) mounted on the back of a RV. One of the manufactures will void the warrantee if the rack is too far back from the rear wheels...the bobbing from the cantilever will destroy an improperly rated rack.

I also have the additional wheel supports so I can carry my trike (Catrike Villager with a hub motor), it weighs just around 68lbs without the battery.

I'm planning on adding some plywood to the underside of the rack (sort of a floor) to keep road dust/grime from coming up and messing up the bikes (look at the bottom or your ladder and you know what I mean). It will be a simple task, just have to fit, attach and make sure there is clearance for the wheels. The covers take a lot of time to get them on right but they work great.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BikeRack.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	244056  
rmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:42 PM   #21

Rad Power Bikes are amazing. Big power , well made. They just rolled their price(tariff) increase back. My wife has a step thru and I got the City
19 inch. I bought a Thule platform rack
to carry the weight ( from e. trailer .com and an amazing well made bike cover from Walmart. Bigger to fit bigger bikes. All very sturdy and well-made.
STORMY 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:44 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMY 1 View Post
Rad Power Bikes are amazing. Big power , well made. They just rolled their price(tariff) increase back. My wife has a step thru and I got the City
19 inch. I bought a Thule platform rack
to carry the weight ( from e. trailer .com and an amazing well made bike cover from Walmart. Bigger to fit bigger bikes. All very sturdy and well-made.

The Thule rack is installed on the back of my Jeep Wrangler and is approved for that . I called .
STORMY 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:02 AM   #23

If you a have solid 2 inch receiver, attached to the frame, not the bumper mounted one, consider this one from Harbor Freight.

https://www.harborfreight.com/400-lb...ier-62837.html

I have one on my 5th wheel. It's ideal for an E-bike.
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:57 PM   #24

DW & I ordered a RadMini Step-Thru and a RadRover earlier this week. We're very anxious for them to arrive.

For all the Pedal Assist naysayers: I've been cycling for years. Still regularly riding my SOMA Smoothie road bike built up approx 12 years ago.

Those opposed to Pedal Assist bikes sound similar to the Skiers against snow boards in the 80's.
tripntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripntx View Post
DW & I ordered a RadMini Step-Thru and a RadRover earlier this week. We're very anxious for them to arrive.

For all the Pedal Assist naysayers: I've been cycling for years. Still regularly riding my SOMA Smoothie road bike built up approx 12 years ago.

Those opposed to Pedal Assist bikes sound similar to the Skiers against snow boards in the 80's.
didn't see any naysayers ,but why in the world would anyone not want pedal assist for casual riding.
Jay D.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:28 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D. View Post
didn't see any naysayers ,but why in the world would anyone not want pedal assist for casual riding.
Jay D.
Because we can comes to mind, LOL.

The real reason: My wife hates riding normal bicycles, just doesn't have interest. Then she rode a pedal assist, and had a blast. Several times during our 2 hour ride she commented how much fun she was having. After the riding was over, she said she would like to have one so we could go riding together more often. That's all it took for me, her interest in wanting to ride something with pedals, and my desire to buy her what she wants.
tripntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:11 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Ok. What are good brands?

We have two Towney brand and love them. They are pedal assist with a 8 speed rear hub. Love them
Woody57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:33 AM   #28

I passed over this thread a couple times thinking I don't care about ebikes seeing that we have 2 regular trek 29ers.

After reading the thread and doing some surfing the "Hilltopper" 350 watt Conversion Kit looks pretty interesting and an easy upgrade. Thank you for thread.
Itinerant1 is offline   Reply With Quote