Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2018, 11:35 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Windshield wipers - link for finding proper wipers

After wasting a lot of time in search of the proper windshield wipers for my motorhome, I found this link so wanted to share it in case others can use it.

Find Your Wiper Size | TRICO® Windshield Wipers

The ones I need are sold on Amazon. Trips to multiple stores (auto and RV) proved fruitless. One challenge was that the stores don't have a data base for wipers for RVs like they do for cars.
WriteOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2018, 09:42 AM   #2
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
While this is a good locator for part number I can say that two of the large retailers and two auto parts store listed in my area do not stock any 32" blades as I have looked before. Not saying that the part store couldn't order them in. Highly unlikely that I could find someone in the box store that would know how or if the store would allow special order for such an item.

Having the number is handy as one might be able to cross reference to your favorite brand.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:54 PM   #3

To save time and a ton of money just do as literally 100s have done and switch to 28 inch blades. You will not notice any difference in the area wiped, it is easier on the wiper motors, blades are available at all parts store and Walmart, etc. Just do a search here on IRV2.
fpresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:03 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpresto View Post
To save time and a ton of money just do as literally 100s have done and switch to 28 inch blades. You will not notice any difference in the area wiped, it is easier on the wiper motors, blades are available at all parts store and Walmart, etc. Just do a search here on IRV2.
Dang. I just spent $21 per blade for 32-inch Trico 67-321s...

This is great advice and the next time we need blades, I'll look at switching to 28-inchers!
Old 06-01-2018, 08:21 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
was at Quatsite this spring and pickup a set for2.00,Trico brand at the shade pro rv awning tent.Sorry but ihave try the auto(car,truck)ones,but too each there own.
countryheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 03:52 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Red face Still looking for correct size wipers

After using the links in this thread, and going to the Winnebago parts sight, it seems the Winnie/Itasca 2012 Access/Impulse model either does not exist (I know better), or the official parts list does not even list the wiper size(s). I can find no source that tells me the lengths. I realize other units have the same Ford F-450 chassis, and (I assume) the same wipers, BUT, I would like a warm and fuzzy that I know the right size for future reference,
Any help out there? I have searched the owner's manual, too. No joy.
TIA, Eldn
2012 Itasca Impulse 31RP
Eldn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:39 AM   #7

I bought mine at NAPA. The guy that runs the parts counter has an RV. I asked him for the ones with the special clip mine had on it. He said to just get the regular ones and bypass the clip part altogether which is what I did. The ones I got even came with a small bolt to hold them on the arms. Much less expensive than a blade made special for the RV arm.
whozleft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windshield