Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:59 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Your input for a Easy Use Tire Pressure/Temp Sensor System

There seems to be a flood of Tire Pressure and/or Temperature Sensor Systems on the market.

Reading through all the advertising, one could just pick one.

I would like your input, want to put it on the MH and looking for something that is
Quality
Reliable
Easy to install and use
Preferably both Air and Temp
And best retail source you found them at
Thanks!!!! James

Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2017, 07:19 AM   #2

Just installed and used these system for a trip from West Michigan to the central coast of Maine. It was very easy to install and used while providing both temperature and pressure.

EEZTire Tire Pressure Monitoring System - 4 Sensors (TPMS) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009BE069Q..._uRCuTkFkBshul

msvanhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:22 AM   #3

I also have the EEZTire system. I don't have much to compare it to since it is my first system, but so far I have really liked it. It is nice that it has an internal battery and you can take it out with you when setting it up and airing up tires.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivintin View Post
I also have the EEZTire system. I don't have much to compare it to since it is my first system, but so far I have really liked it. It is nice that it has an internal battery and you can take it out with you when setting it up and airing up tires.
yea, the internal battery feature sounds nice
Old 08-15-2017, 07:52 AM   #5

I have the same system. Bought it with 10 sensors and put them on my toad as well. Works extremely well. We're short enough that I didn't need the booster for the toad sensors.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:57 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have TST and I am not happy with them. they are very finicky. They go in and out. Not very accurate. Have to change batteries all the time. I think they were just bought by someone recently. I called for help and the person to talked to said she was just filling in and didn't know anything.
inlineskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:06 AM   #7

We also use the EEZTIRE system on our travel trailer and it has worked well for us. In fact, we are currently on our way back home to Florida from Alaska and several days ago the system most probably saved us damage. We had all four TT tires replaced in Whitehorse along with metal stiffened valve stems and when we got in the truck I waited for the system cycle through once since I had just put the sensors back on the new tires. When it cycled to the left rear tire it immediately alarmed with a low pressure reading of 32 psi! The guy mounting the tires had failed to air that tire up to 50 psi.
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:07 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have used Tire Traker for about 7 years. Easy to install & use, and has been very reliable. The sensors are smaller & lighter than most, & have replaceable batteries you can find almost anywhere. Their new TT-500 system has an improved monitor & comes with a lifetime warranty. They also are less pricey than most of the commonly used systems. They have been great to work with the few times I needed support over the years (lost my monitor, a failed sensor). I had a competitor's system before & it was terrible for me. TireTraker TPMS - Tire Pressure Monitoring System will take you to who I deal with ...first met them at a rally.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:07 AM   #9

I have the Tire Minder TM55c for my travel trailer, which includes 4 tire sensors and allows you to get a fifth one to monitor your spare. The kit I got was specially-priced at the time and very nicely included the repeater unit. It has worked very well for me, and monitors both pressure and temperature (although I am not convinced of the value of monitoring temperature at the tire's valve stem). Very easy to set up and use. I can't compare it with any other product, can only tell you this has been good for me.

Roger
Old 08-15-2017, 08:12 AM   #10

I don't like battery driven monitors. Few will work if plugged in and unplugged, you can forget to charge the battery.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:21 AM   #11
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
I have used Tire Traker for about 7 years. Easy to install & use, and has been very reliable. The sensors are smaller & lighter than most, & have replaceable batteries you can find almost anywhere. Their new TT-500 system has an improved monitor & comes with a lifetime warranty. They also are less pricey than most of the commonly used systems. They have been great to work with the few times I needed support over the years (lost my monitor, a failed sensor). I had a competitor's system before & it was terrible for me. TireTraker TPMS - Tire Pressure Monitoring System will take you to who I deal with ...first met them at a rally.
^x2 I also bought a Traker system in '08 and have been very pleased with it. In addition to lifetime warranty I like the "rapid air loss" feature for any early warning and the "Morning Reset" that allows me to check inflation without having to get out of our coach.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:28 AM   #12
Commercial Member

General comment. TPMS are designed to Monitor and warn of air loss. You should still use a good calibrated hand gauge ( +/- 1 psi or better) when setting pressure. TPMS may be at +/- 2 or 3 psi.
Temperature warning is normally set in most systems at about 158F. If you get a temperature warning it is probably an indication of wheel bearing or brake drag problem and if Temp warning goes off but pressure is still good then that would of non-tire issue.
Tires should not be registering 158 if properly loaded & inflated.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:29 AM   #13

I have the EEZ-Tire system. Works great. Very easy to remove either the motor home or toad from the display with two buttons, so if not towing you only see the motor home display...or take it in the toad and only see the toad display. The system has been very reliable, sensor batteries are easy to replace and a common type you can buy anywhere cheap. The display is large and clear, there is nothing I can say bad about the system other than all of the toad axles must be configured with the same alarm limits. This was OK when I was flat towing but now I need each axle to be set independently similar to how the motor home axles are set...because my dolly tires have different pressures than my toad tires. I work around this by setting the dolly as a tag axles on the motor home but I think EEZ-Tire should look at making some programming changes for the toad axles.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:12 PM   #14

Sooo
Is there any agreement or poll results?

Tags
tire pressure