Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2019, 06:40 AM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Scott, it's not a website that you need to log in, it is the address of the Mobley. Put just http://attwifimanager in your url address, and make sure the computer doesn't fill in www ahead of it. You are not loggin into the Mobley unless you use JUST what was printed in the manual. You don't even need the http:// part. Just attwifimanager will work. Has nothing to do with www.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2019, 08:01 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
I am going to use the same plugs, and get 14vdc output power supplies and fix the problem. . . .

Let me know if you find a 14V power supply. Closest I have found so far....
https://www.rcsuperstore.com/E-Flite...-p/efla109.htm

Still looking.
MartyQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:26 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Here is the one I just bought. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:35 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
Scott, it's not a website that you need to log in, it is the address of the Mobley. Put just http://attwifimanager in your url address, and make sure the computer doesn't fill in www ahead of it. You are not loggin into the Mobley unless you use JUST what was printed in the manual. You don't even need the http:// part. Just attwifimanager will work. Has nothing to do with www.
Connect to the Mobley's wifi and I suggest typing in

http://192.168.1.1

The Mobley comes with that IP address

CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:57 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachStreamr View Post
So I should have done #1 above to activate the first time. I already knew that there was a great chance that the Sim info in AT&T's system would not match the one actually shipped to me.

I tried on their website, error cannot activate your device.

Called the number in the Mobley Quick Start Guide (it's not the one above). Gave the Rep the last 4 of the Sim Card. She said the Sim is already activated/in Use, you have to go to an AT&T store to have them activate it for you. I said thank you and hung up.

Called 866-895-1099, tried the activation through the Auto-Attendant and said couldn't activate please hold while we transfer you to a Rep.

Spoke to the Rep, verified Account Holder info and asked me to read the entire ICCID (Sim) number. It was different from what they had in the system. He put me on hold and came back and said all set, unplug the Mobley for 10 minutes and then plug it back in - you will be activated.

So, I recommend you just call 866-895-1099 as Matt D posted to activate your Mobley, try to activate via the auto system and if needed, wait to get transferred. Have your Mobley box ready.

Impressed with the performance of AT&T's LTE and Mobley here vs our VZW service. Both 2 bars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachStreamr View Post
Connect to the Mobley's wifi and I suggest typing in

http://192.168.1.1

The Mobley comes with that IP address

Received the Mobley a day ago. I was able to activate the Mobley using the auto-attendant at 866-895-1099. That went fine. Was able to connect to the Mobley using the laptop. BUT, the Mobley would not connect to the Internet. Called the number again, and after being transferred a few times, I had the same problem as others have experienced. The ICCID (micro-SIM Serial Number) did not match the number as listed on my account. When the technician attempted to change the ICCID number on my account, the technician indicated he could not activate that SIM. Indicated I could exchange the SIM at the AT&T store. After exchanging the SIM, all worked. Am able to connect to the internet with reasonable speeds.

In addition, for some reason I could NOT connect to the AT&T WiFi Manager using the web address in the manual. Had to use http://192.168.1.1
MartyQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:28 PM   #48

Country Coach Owners Club
I placed original order on 1/25 and 4 days later get an email they cancelled my order. Placed 2nd order and again cancelled. Discovered my ship to address was not my mailing address. The third inquiry got me that info. So I re-ordered a 3rd time and sent to mailing address. It was delivered. spent 2 hours on the phone last night explaining the sim card issue. Spoke to 3 different people. One told me I DIDN'T HAVE A Mobley BECAUSE THE PLAN WAS CANCELLED. In about that tone of voice. Long story short go to the AT&T store and spend 30 minutes getting a new sim card. Some responder said he hated AT&T. I sure do detest and despise them.
2000 CC Magna #5840 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Air Force One braking
Griffin379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I had the same issue with the customer service person telling me I had to go to a store and exchange the SIM. I just called back and spoke with different person and she handled it all over the phone.
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:36 PM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have kind of a dumb question for yall, why are you buying the Mobley that plugs into ODB port, then spending the money to buy the converters so that you can plug it in?

And before you answer, UNDERSTAND that I got in on the Mobley deal last time it came around, think it was almost 2 years ago. At that point in time, the only thing that was available was the version that plugged into your ODB port, however since then, several other radios have come out that work 100x better than the Mobley, don't need a power adapter to work, and some, like the one I use run off battery power as well as being plugged in, cost the same if not less money than the Mobley, never times out, has more available connections, and are capable of higher speeds?

Don't get me wrong, love the $20/month AT&T wifi service, and we burn through about 50gb/month, but the Mobley radio itself is really not a very good radio.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:06 PM   #51

The AC adaptor i purchased did not work. I failed to read the fine print. It stated that it would keep the Mobley from shutting down but that was based on the old firmware. It doesn't work on the new firmware which is 1.0.3. Buyer beware.
Marta1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:40 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegoRed View Post
I have kind of a dumb question for yall, why are you buying the Mobley that plugs into ODB port, then spending the money to buy the converters so that you can plug it in?

And before you answer, UNDERSTAND that I got in on the Mobley deal last time it came around, think it was almost 2 years ago. At that point in time, the only thing that was available was the version that plugged into your ODB port, however since then, several other radios have come out that work 100x better than the Mobley, don't need a power adapter to work, and some, like the one I use run off battery power as well as being plugged in, cost the same if not less money than the Mobley, never times out, has more available connections, and are capable of higher speeds?

Don't get me wrong, love the $20/month AT&T wifi service, and we burn through about 50gb/month, but the Mobley radio itself is really not a very good radio.
Simple answer $20 per month with no automatic throttling, sure there are better, faster, etc. out there now, but they all come with data plans that cost WAY more than $20 per month if you routinely go over the 20 or so GB provided in the basic plans. Also the Mobley is fast enough to support streaming HD video, how much faster do you really need?
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:30 PM   #53

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
Simple answer $20 per month with no automatic throttling, sure there are better, faster, etc. out there now, but they all come with data plans that cost WAY more than $20 per month if you routinely go over the 20 or so GB provided in the basic plans. Also the Mobley is fast enough to support streaming HD video, how much faster do you really need?
DID YOU EVEN READ WHAT I WROTE?
I have the $20/month AT&T wifi plan I just got rid of the Mobley radio as its a PoS. The Mobley is a radio, the service is provided by AT&T, just like your cell phone is made by Apple or Samsung but your service might be through AT&T or Verizon. You don't call your cell phone plan the APPLE plan do you? Of course not? I know what the Mobley is capable of, I own one, that is why I say is a PoS.

ZTE who makes the Mobley, also makes several other radios, so does Netgear and Hauwai. My point is if you have to buy a radio for your new plan, why buy the worst radio made when there are better for same or even less money available? Not to mention the other radios come with a power adapter to plug them in which is more conducive for RV use

I need as fast as I can get for my $20/month My Mobley in my area seemed to always max out at around 20mbs, when I switched over to the Velocity 2 I can hit 80mbs. Just because you prefer a really bad radio, does not mean others have to suffer the same affliction.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:48 PM   #54

AT&T only sells this plan with the Mobley, and they are now SIM locking the SIM to the Mobley device since pushing firmware 1.0.3 a few months ago. Initially some people were getting around this by requesting PUK unlock code, but recent reports are stating AT&T will no longer give out the PUK unlock code for Mobleys.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:50 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegoRed View Post
DID YOU EVEN READ WHAT I WROTE?
I have the $20/month AT&T wifi plan I just got rid of the Mobley radio as its a PoS. The Mobley is a radio, the service is provided by AT&T, just like your cell phone is made by Apple or Samsung but your service might be through AT&T or Verizon. You don't call your cell phone plan the APPLE plan do you? Of course not? I know what the Mobley is capable of, I own one, that is why I say is a PoS.

ZTE who makes the Mobley, also makes several other radios, so does Netgear and Hauwai. My point is if you have to buy a radio for your new plan, why buy the worst radio made when there are better for same or even less money available? Not to mention the other radios come with a power adapter to plug them in which is more conducive for RV use

I need as fast as I can get for my $20/month My Mobley in my area seemed to always max out at around 20mbs, when I switched over to the Velocity 2 I can hit 80mbs. Just because you prefer a really bad radio, does not mean others have to suffer the same affliction.
Before you beat the poster up - you didn't say you bought the mobley and then bought another cell/wifi hotspot and transferred the SIM to it.
They probably would have understood that process and wouldn't have had the problem or question (which has been answered too many times)
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:52 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
AT&T only sells this plan with the Mobley, and they are now SIM locking the SIM to the Mobley device since pushing firmware 1.0.3 a few months ago. Initially some people were getting around this by requesting PUK unlock code, but recent reports are stating AT&T will no longer give out the PUK unlock code for Mobleys.
I doubt that - that is the way you get back into your device if you get locked out.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote