Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2017, 09:21 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by abolton99 View Post
To share in case anyone hits the speed bumps I did. I couldn't find one on BB's site, literally receive oops message when searching. I did go to a BB on Thursday and asked them to check inventory, no devices in stock in a 300 mile radius of where I'm at. I noticed on their screen they still had the option to order (W/ free shipping) so I ask them to give it a shot, CS rep helping me was confused as she had never seen this occur. Delivered Saturday - call connected car number today and was told they cannot activate stand alone plan over the phone. Luckily ATT corp store is nearby so I just went in, first gentleman didn't know what I was talking about but two secs with his manager and we were rolling. Note there seems to be a $45 activation fee to be expected on first bill, I've seen differing info on this but was willing to endure it for what I'm going to receive. Can cancel and reactivate anytime but will have to pay the activation fee each time. I was also told that there is no network management on connected car plans. Seems everyones experience is a little different so figured I'd add mine to the pot.

They did tell me they would waive the activation fee. I guess I'll find out when I get my first bill. Also, I'm so sure about an activation fee everytime you want to reinstate it for a month.
Prontix is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2017, 07:31 AM   #142
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prontix View Post
They did tell me they would waive the activation fee. I guess I'll find out when I get my first bill. Also, I'm so sure about an activation fee everytime you want to reinstate it for a month.

The guy at the AT&T store that sold me the plan said there would be a $45 activation fee on my first bill, but I could call him and he would give me credit for it!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:23 PM   #143

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Finally...received the OBDII pigtail I was waiting on...it's all soldered together and running off of any USB port. Color me a happy camper! Thanks iRV2 contributors for posting this Plan...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170508_123654.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	413.9 KB
ID:	161131  
Old 05-09-2017, 04:55 AM   #144

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
I went into a store and they would not sell me one unless i have a $100 internet plan.
checking other stores.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:03 AM   #145
RV LIFE Support Team

This is a standalone plan, your need to find someone who knows how to read and believes in customer service.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:08 AM   #146

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmusa View Post
I went into a store and they would not sell me one unless i have a $100 internet plan.
checking other stores.
You will have better luck with a corporate store vs a reseller. Be insistent, ask for a manager, and if need be repeat at another corporate store.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:08 AM   #147

Ebay in stock 5 available item#162509853360 seller 4thquad $139 shipping $4.99
tizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:40 PM   #148

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzel View Post
Ebay in stock 5 available item#162509853360 seller 4thquad $139 shipping $4.99

Check with ABC Warehouse at https://www.abcwarehouse.com. Mine was shipped yesterday. To be delivered tomorrow. Cost was $99.00 + $16.07 Shipping. Total $115.07.
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:17 PM   #149

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Success!!! Just a small wrinkle....

Thanks to all who have posted on this topic, I am now a full-time wifi kinda guy.

Purchased on Amazon from an outfit called "used-gadget", but it's brand new in ATT packaging. I paid the $89 and got in about 4 days, called the CarConnect line last night and opened an account. Had the option of waiting a few days for a new SIM card to come in the mail or visit an ATT store. (As has been mentioned, they are trying to avoid scammers by having you pick it up and showing picture ID.) Went to the store this morning how much hassle it was going to be. NONE! Except they said they were "forced" to charge a $25 activation fee and I could work it out with customer service over the phone.

Setup was a breeze and customer service promised there would be no activation fee on the bill. We'll see. I'm getting 4GLTE with decent speeds. Firmware version is: VM6200V1.0.0, but it hasn't timed out yet!

Again, thanks to all!
Barryc737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:11 PM   #150

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Purchased at Best Buy Friday in Mobile Al. $99 + $6 shipping due Friday. Took a while to get ordered as it was out of stock.. They knew nothing about the AT&T plan. Will call Connect car when I get it.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:39 PM   #151

Update on Post 136 another train wreck. While awaiting sim card to be delivered on Tuesday, I received E mail for ATT the Sim card was just ordered today tuesday and it was out of stock. Figured I better call ATT and try to activate Mobley anyway, after 20 minutes on phone was told account was opened incorrectly, would have to cancel account and open new account, this after 1hr 45 min in store on Sunday, good thing I'm retired. Oh well, got connected with Connected car, ATT rep retook all info that was provided on Sunday, supposedly created new account, $20.00 unlimited connected car plan, provided phone # for device, after much coercion provided account #. Said i could activate in store, not going there, said i could activate online, great hung up after 45 minutes this is going to be easy. Attempted to activate online, error message # doesn't exist. Called number given, oh we can take care of that, 25 minutes late your're all set, plugged device in, power but no service, let me connect you with connected car, tech at connected cars first response was to go to ATT store for activation, no wasn't having any of that, he said nothing he could do, so I asked for a supervisor, on hold 45 minutes witing for supervisor, tech came back on phone multiple times to insure I was still there, stated that he was checking account and noticed that it was now being reviewed by ATT Fraud, before I got to speak with a supervisor I was transferred to Fraud. Now on the phone 1hr 45min. still no service. Fraud rep started looking into problem and found that someone setting up account entered SS# incorrectly. One digit off. He made correction, approved account, removed hold and then transferred me back to connected car. Tech at connected car took info, 5 minutes later had the device working. So 2 1/2 hrs today on phone, 1 3/4 hrs at store on Sunday, an additional 1/2 to 1 hr trying to decipher emails relating to new SIM card and I have a total of 5 to 5&1/2 hrs to get device operational. Oh and then tonight I receive Email that New SIM card is on its way.
Unfortunately you can't make this stuff up.
On the plus Mobley up and running, working great on AC adapter
rtoy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:41 PM   #152

Quick update, connected car tech said return to store, not happening, purchased in NJ and mailed to Fl.
rtoy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:42 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtoy2 View Post
Update on Post 136 another train wreck. While awaiting sim card to be delivered on Tuesday, I received E mail for ATT the Sim card was just ordered today tuesday and it was out of stock. Figured I better call ATT and try to activate Mobley anyway, after 20 minutes on phone was told account was opened incorrectly, would have to cancel account and open new account, this after 1hr 45 min in store on Sunday, good thing I'm retired. Oh well, got connected with Connected car, ATT rep retook all info that was provided on Sunday, supposedly created new account, $20.00 unlimited connected car plan, provided phone # for device, after much coercion provided account #. Said i could activate in store, not going there, said i could activate online, great hung up after 45 minutes this is going to be easy. Attempted to activate online, error message # doesn't exist. Called number given, oh we can take care of that, 25 minutes late your're all set, plugged device in, power but no service, let me connect you with connected car, tech at connected cars first response was to go to ATT store for activation, no wasn't having any of that, he said nothing he could do, so I asked for a supervisor, on hold 45 minutes witing for supervisor, tech came back on phone multiple times to insure I was still there, stated that he was checking account and noticed that it was now being reviewed by ATT Fraud, before I got to speak with a supervisor I was transferred to Fraud. Now on the phone 1hr 45min. still no service. Fraud rep started looking into problem and found that someone setting up account entered SS# incorrectly. One digit off. He made correction, approved account, removed hold and then transferred me back to connected car. Tech at connected car took info, 5 minutes later had the device working. So 2 1/2 hrs today on phone, 1 3/4 hrs at store on Sunday, an additional 1/2 to 1 hr trying to decipher emails relating to new SIM card and I have a total of 5 to 5&1/2 hrs to get device operational. Oh and then tonight I receive Email that New SIM card is on its way.

Unfortunately you can't make this stuff up.

On the plus Mobley up and running, working great on AC adapter

Great it worked out for you, rtoy2. I hope this is the end of your saga.
Prontix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:24 PM   #154

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Firmware update and the NEVER selection

Earlier today, someone posted about not being happy about the firmware update. I too got a firmware update about 8 hours after initial activation. I went to the Power Save page in the ATTwifimanager and NEVER is not an option.

I plan to add a timer on the power cord set for the middle of the night to cycle the power to the unit, but wondering if or when I'll be able to find that NEVER setting.

My new firmware setting is: VM6200V1.0.1
Barryc737 is offline   Reply With Quote