Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2018, 09:19 PM   #1597

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Your "unlimited" plan is NOT an unlimited high speed data plan. Yes you can use your data all month long but after 22 gigs of use the data speed slows down to a snails pace. This is true for all "unlimited" plans. I have had the unlimited plan for over 6 months and it truly slows down after 22 gigs.

You probably did not read this in the fine print:
Data Restrictions: After 22GB of data usage on vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot in a bill cycle, for the rest of the cycle AT&T may slow data speeds on vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot during periods of network congestion.

......................and guess what, they always have network congestion.
M&Aeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2018, 06:49 AM   #1598

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Aeller View Post
Your "unlimited" plan is NOT an unlimited high speed data plan. Yes you can use your data all month long but after 22 gigs of use the data speed slows down to a snails pace. This is true for all "unlimited" plans. I have had the unlimited plan for over 6 months and it truly slows down after 22 gigs.

You probably did not read this in the fine print:
Data Restrictions: After 22GB of data usage on vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot in a bill cycle, for the rest of the cycle AT&T may slow data speeds on vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot during periods of network congestion.

......................and guess what, they always have network congestion.
I have had no problem running over 22 gigs with the Mobley sim in Waco and Corpus Christi Texas. I to have had the Mobley sim for 6 months and run about 55 gigs a month. I have never been slowed down. Networks are not always congested.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:48 AM   #1599

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have had no problem with slow downs running over 22 gigs with the Mobley for 10 months.
I usually use 40-45GB a month.
On my last day today before renewal and only used 18GB this month.
May have had a lot less app updates this month.
Mobley runs a Desktop, laptop, iPad and iPhone plus 3 Smart TV's and DirecTV receiver through a WiFiRanger.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:06 AM   #1600

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes I had an account with ATT before I got the Mobley. I had a hot spot only, no phone. I now have a hot spot and the Mobley. Each device has it's OWN 22GBs before slow down. I too have seen NO slowdown on my hotspot after 22GBs. YouTube and Netflix still play uninterrupted. I also have Direct TV at home. I get a $15 discount for that and also get $5 off each device for auto pay. The Mobley cost $20 additional on my bill. My discounts more than pay for it.

Call the plan whatever you want but it works for me. I only posted what I have to let folks know the Mobley was still available. I am sorry I may have caused more confusion. As Red Green says, "I'm pullin for you. We're all in this together."
Old 01-05-2018, 08:38 AM   #1601

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
my experience has been with a hot spot not a mobley.

btw, what kind of download speed do you get with your mobley.
M&Aeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:50 AM   #1602

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

So far I have only used it here at home. Every device I have used here had POOR speeds. Down 3 to 5 and up 5 to 15. Even at that I seem to get all I need done. The Mobley is slightly better than the ATT and a Verizon hotspot.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:31 AM   #1603

Same here.. I have had it for 6 months and no slow down
Old 01-05-2018, 09:33 AM   #1604

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerboy View Post
"I'm pullin for you. We're all in this together."
Keep your stick on the ice.
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:11 AM   #1605

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcolorado View Post
I have had no problem running over 22 gigs with the Mobley sim in Waco and Corpus Christi Texas. I to have had the Mobley sim for 6 months and run about 55 gigs a month. I have never been slowed down. Networks are not always congested.
I have two Mobleys. One is on constantly. I run two computers and a cell phone. mostly 24/7. The other one we use occasionally. I have never experienced any slowdown. You must have use a whole bunch of gigabytes before you see any throttling.

I had a dedicated T1 for 11 years at $382/month. I cancelled that contract and went on Mobleys sometime last July. My total phone bill (cell and office) costed me over $1,000 month. I cancelled the land line, but went back to one for the convenience. Dropped my total bill by $700/month. So far, I am one happy camper.
Bill Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:24 PM   #1606
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Scott View Post
I have two Mobleys. One is on constantly. I run two computers and a cell phone. mostly 24/7. The other one we use occasionally. I have never experienced any slowdown. You must have use a whole bunch of gigabytes before you see any throttling.

I had a dedicated T1 for 11 years at $382/month. I cancelled that contract and went on Mobleys sometime last July. My total phone bill (cell and office) costed me over $1,000 month. I cancelled the land line, but went back to one for the convenience. Dropped my total bill by $700/month. So far, I am one happy camper.
Hi Bill! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Looks like you got it figured out!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

Happy New Year!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:47 PM   #1607

Quote:

I get 8 to 15 mbps with the sim card in the Mobley and 12 to 18 with it in the Netgear 781s mifi using an external antenna. I am in a marginal AT&T signal area here at home. Wife watches her soaps from Waco to Corpus via US 77 with no problem, she can't do that with Verizon or T-Mobile.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:33 PM   #1608

Does having a Mobley only without any other ATT services qualify you for a Directv discount?
gandl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 05:26 AM   #1609

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandl2 View Post
Does having a Mobley only without any other ATT services qualify you for a Directv discount?
As I recall this has been discussed before. I don't think so. Hope someone will chime in with more knowledge and correct me.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:38 AM   #1610

Multiple AT&T reps have initially told me that the CCU plan would count towards the Directv discount, but when they actually tried to activate it they could not and after checking were told that the CCU plan does in fact not qualify. That doesn't mean that someone here won't say 'I got it anyway', but FWIW I have not been successful.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote